SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-GIS interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Here's what the client requirement is: ' Client has a GIS system which they want to use instead of maintaining address in SAP and keeping both GIS n SAP in sync separately. They want to take the GIS extract for initial updating and populate the SAP regional structure (could be thru Emigall or any standard approch) but after that they want some kind of real-time interface such that if any address is added/updated in GIS, its automatically gets sync in SAP at the same time." I am not sure what architecture design/technology we can use to fullfill the auto sync requirement.

Any sugestions or docs..Please help!!

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

use BAPI function instead of EMIGALL.your problem will be solve.

Reward If helpful.

Thanx & Rgds

Pradeep Sharma

0 Kudos

Problem is how would we achieve the real time scenario. Is there something similar you have worked. Please fwd me any documents you have related to this..

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Hope you are doing good!!

Some basic thoughts. For SAP to know that an address has been updated something (a trigger) has to come from GIS. Probably if the GIS system sends an XML file, the middleware can convert the XML file to IDOC and post an incoming IDOC to the SAP system. Based on the incoming idoc the processing function module can be written which will update the address structures in SAP. This is some thoughts on the architecture which you already might have thought of but I dont have any documentations regarding this

Regards,

Yuvi.