Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration /Characteristics in separate tabs

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement as follows.

I have 4characteristics. Char1 and Char2 should appear on one tab and the remaining should appear in second tabstrip while configuring the material in the sales order. What are the steps to be followed for this.

I have created two characteristics groups and linked these characteristics to the group through configuration profile (CL20N). However I cant see two different tabstrips in configuration screen. I only have one screen where all the characteristics are provided one by one. Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything else which needs to be done

Pls advise on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create an Interface Name in your config profile

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

That didnt help. That was one of the things I tried of the many.

I created characteristics groups. Linked the characterisitcs to the groups. It didnt appear as tabs in configuration screen.

Later I created interface design, though without knowing how that is related to characteristic groups.

I hope somebody can help me on this

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Create an interface design in your Configuration Profile CU42.

Next go to CU50 > Configure > Menu > Value Assignment > Interface Design > Characteristic Grouping.

Here you can create groups for your characteristics and add them to a separate tab.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Without providing "how" you fixed it internally? It would be nice to know what the problem was and waht you did

former_member183879
Active Contributor

Bill,

I would love to share the solution.

Objective

I wanted to group specific characteristics to group into a tabstrip in the configuration screen. Like this I wanted to have many tabs for the characteristics

Problem

In CL20N, I created characteristic groups and linked characteristics to various c.groups. However while creating sales order the tabs were not appearing. It appear only like the standard SAP one.

Solution

There was a mistake I made. I did the configuration in CL20N, while the sales configuration screen is in CU50. This was informed to me by one of my colleagues. Now I went to CU50, created characteristic groups and grouped the characteristics. Once this is done and saved, I could see the characteristics as tabs in the sales order configuration screen.

If you need some more info, please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any specific reason for using transaction CL20n,

If you are using R/3 4.7e or higher please use PMEVC for doing the same.

Let me know if you are having issues I can mail you a step by step screen shot.

Thanks

Ajay

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have got the answer for this internally, I m closing this.