Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit certain WM movements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Here's a question from my end. Very much appreciate your advices:

Material A, can be stored in Storage Type 001, Storage Type 002, and storage type 003.

When i do the good receipt for material A, 101 movement type, i only want to store it in Storage type 001 and type 002. (not allow to putaway in type 003 at the Good Receipt step)

What i implement is: using storage type search for putways, reference movement type, and direct the GR into storage type 001 and 002.

However, if i manually overwrite type 001 or 002, into type 003, SAP still allows it.

Is there a way to block it??

The storage unit type for material A is BAG. and this SUT (Bag) should be allowed for storage type 001 / 002 /003 because storage type is the supply area, which is not used for receipt but used to storage to prepare the production.

Many thanks,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

After going thro' your implementation process, I felt this might solve one of my current issue (Sorry if you are expecting a solution from me!!). You said you can able to direct certain materials to some particular Storage types using search criteria for putaways, which is working fine in the background but user can overwrite it in the foreground.

Our issue is, we want certain materials to exclude from one storage type for Pickup in the background but still should allow the user to do it in the foreground. For example, we do pick aways in the background using LP11 which creates TO with 319 mvt. But instead, our user wants to restrict few materials and likes to do with LT01 with 999 mvt. If it might help you, those materials which we want to control in such fashion are maintained in a seperate Bin.

So my question is, in the search criteria, how can we restrict only some materials because any rule we make would effect entire storage type? Please correct me if I am wrong as I am unable to get the logic right!!

Many Thanks,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Madan.

For a group of special material, if you want to control the stroage type search, while not inflencing the generial search logic. You may use the storage search indicator which is defined in the material master.

You will have 1 indicator the picking and the other for placement. This indicator is used afterwards in the storage type search sequence table.

In addition, one thing might be interesting for you to look into also is that the reference movement type.

This reference key can be used as a parameter to determine your storage type also.

Regards,

Jialu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

(first sorry for my bad english)

the storage type search (inbound/outbound) is mostly used for background or system-guided procedures. But when the user has the possibility to walk in the foreground, he can do all he want as long as the customizing (here are this the storage types: 001, 002 and 003) allows this.

When you book your example in the background, the TO will allows point to storage type 001 or 002 or neither of them (error). I think there is no possibility in the customizing to limit this, but you can use enhancements (Implementation) in SAP to limit this movement.

For example: MWMTO001 Enhancements for end of transfer order generation

You find the documentation to MWMTO001 via tcode SMOD

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Andreas,

Many thanks for your reply.

I searched customizing possibilites and made the assumption that it's not possible via customizing to limit / block certain movements. You confirmed my assumption.

Thanks,

Jialu