cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS 7.0 deployement error with SDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that my SDM host is not correctly configured, when I try to deploy, the SDM host ip is not correct, I am thus getting this error:

02-juil.-2008 14:41:38 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR: 
[003]Deployment aborted 

Settings
SDM host : *WrongIP*
SDM port : 50018
URL to deploy : file.ear

Deployment exception : Server *WrongIP* did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server *WrongIP* at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect
Inner exception was : 
Server *WrongIP* did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server *WrongIP* at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Where can I change this configuration?

I've checked the sdmrepository.sdc, the defined host is correct (it's not a ip but a hostname).

We have user IPs and admin IPs thus two networks for the machine hosting those servers.

I don't know at which level to look: Message Server, Dispatcher or Network Config.

Thx for your help,

Tanguy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Create an entry in hosts file for your server's ip and hostname as

<server ip> <hostname>

and if you are using SDM for deployment then port no cant be 50018 you have to use message server port no.

if your WAS version is 7.0 then its port will be 3900 or 3901..check in system information

and for WAS 6.0 it will be 3600 or 3601..

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

thenmalar_v2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tangy,

Can you please tell me how do you solve this issue. Because i also faced same problem.

your reply would be helpful

Thank you.

Regards,

Malar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didn't need to configure the SLD, in fact we had a DNS problem. Thanks to all of you. I can now deploy remotely.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do we configure the SDM ip? I know that MS is finding it for us but SDM host is incorrect.

For info:

My message server is on IP1, I also get to the J2EE Engine Start Page with the browser but with Visual Admin. I see below the version of SAP WAS that the server is on IP2.

Edited by: Tanguy Mezzano on Jul 3, 2008 11:48 AM

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you configure SLD?

in visual administrator, cluster->services->SLD Data Supplier : Runtime - HTTP & CIM client settings.

nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I change a variable or something with Visual Administrator, do I need to restart the Java Stack for the change to take effect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can ping correctly host, with the config in NWDS. I get connected to the MS of the Java stack on port 3901 but it redirects me to a SDM host which has wrong IP.

In Visual Administrator I see that the server has correct host but wrong IP, where could I change that or is only possible to do it at installation time of the stack?

Thanks for all your answers,

Tanguy

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

changing IP means changing the server. You can not change the IP.

If you want you can change the port. but not IP.

regards,

Pradeep

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can change it either in Visual Admin ro via config tool.

yeah. to reflect the changes, you need to restart cluster.

Configuration Tool: Documentation

nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil ßos on Jul 3, 2008 3:00 PM

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you ping host name?

if not create a hosts file entry

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you add server IP and hostname in HOSTS file under C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc ?

If you did that then....

Deployment error occurs when deploying from IDE, the following message is displayed:

Server XXX did not accept login request as admin on port 50018

Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server XXX at port

50018: XXX

If you use the SDM remote GUI with the same SDM host and port, you can deploy successfully.

Solution

This problem can be fixed without any code changes just by adding a corresponding record to the file %WINDIR%/system32/drivers/etc/hosts on the IDE host, so that the remote host short name is known to the local host.

For more information, see SAP Note 783965.

from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/76/fb72ec091f4bf8a2d8ba321bb7e8d9/content.htm

regards,

Pradeep