cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting an error in BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN while trying to add an Activity to an existing Network. The Activity number does not exist for the network so I am assuming that CREATE is the best Method to use. Initially, this error was caused by a missing field UVORN, SubOperation, that is required to create an activity. I do not see the connection of UVORN, a work order related field, to creating an Activity.

Now, I am getting an Object Key error from my input data using UPDATE with the same data. I am new to the world of PS and could use some help in getting the input data coded correctly to add and Activity. Any help I can get on this would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For Query-1:

(1) The field VORNR corresponds to Network Activity in PS Module whereas to Operation in PM module.

(2) Similarly field UVORN corresponds to Activity Element in PS module whereas sub-operation in PM module.

(3) These fields are uniquely stored in database tables referring to Network or PM order.

For Query-2:

In the object key try giving 12 character network number.

Thanks & Regards,

Anish Walinjkar

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Have you tried using the BAPI, "BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN"? You can also try creating Activity from here.

Rgds

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Does this BAPI perform all of the functions that are performed in BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN?

Bob

babu0808_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

It is rather the reverse way. BAPI_PROJECT_MAINTAIN has the functions of BAPI_NETWORK_MAINTAIN. Following is an extract from the documentation of the former BAPI:

"With the Maintain BAPI of the WorkBreakdownStruct business object you can edit the objects of a project definition. You can also use all the functions of the Maintain BAPI of the Network business object.

For more information, see Network.Maintain. With WorkBreakdownStruct.Maintain it is possible to edit the project definition, its WBS elements and their hierarchical relationships. The BAPI encapsulates a complete transaction in itself. As a result, several operations on project elements can be processed by only one call. The Project System determines in which order the operations are to be executed on the objects. The caller can choose the operations in any order."

RGds

Deepak