cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Web Dynpro Application Without EP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,Experters

I have a need to run the web dynpro Application without using the EP ,can anyone tell me that is it possible ,and if it is possible ,can anybody give me some advices .

Thanks in Advance .

Eleanor Song

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you two ,your answers are really helpful to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you two ,your answers is really helpful to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create and deploy your application on J2EE server. After deployment server will open your application in your default browser. you can access the functionality of your application through your browser.

There is nowhere PORTAL introduced in this practice.

It is up to your requirement, if you want to run / display your application in portal. which may be configured on your J2EE server, then you can use your dynpro application in portal. Portal is used to provide role based access of your application to user. User can access application only using login credentials .

Otherwise your default application will be perfectly operable in your browser. No extra effort is needed.

Mandeep Virk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to create an application mentioning the component and the initial view to be used. The application can be created in application project itself. Run this it will open and run in a browser. You can copy the link and use it again in the browser when ever required.

hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But acctually what i want is that ,there is no Enterprise Portal for me to deploy the application ,i have to switch to some other methods to deploy ,anyway ,the plant dont have any plan to buy a "Big" Portal ,such as the products of SAP or IBM?

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No portal is needed for that. Hope you will be having J2EE engine / WebAapplicationServer. Just deploy and run your application using SDM password.

regards.

Pradeep