cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item category is greyed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to change the item category in salesorder because it is greyedout, even if i maintained the Manual iteam categories.

Appreciate quick response.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Once you save the order & do the delivery (i.e. even without PGI) & Save the deliviery document, the item category in the sales order will be greyed out.

If you only save the order & do not create delivery & if you want to change the sales order, then the item category can be changed if you maintain manual item categories in VOV4.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

I have maintained the manual item categories already and the sales order is still open.

Hope you understood the scenario.

Regards

Rajesh

ian_kehoe
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Please review OSS note 208245. This explains how to find out why any field is not available for input in a sales order.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lan,

Thanks for your effort,

I am working on that SAP Note in mean time i came to know that i am not able to put the billing block for some of line items because it is greyed out.

Do you feel that this is also related to same SAP Note#208245.

Please clarify my doubt.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category can be changed till ur sales order is not having any subsequent document. once it is processed for the items effected u can not change the item category.

Regs,

Ravi Duggirala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I already said that sales order is in "open" status and i have maintained the manual item categories also.

Regards

Rajesh