cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender SOAP (Scenario)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Here is my scenario where client has a Java Web Aplication to get connected to my Backend System using RFC.This happens through XI.

I produce the Outbound Interface in the Form of WebService (By generating WSDL file)

Here we use Sender SOAP Adapter. I want to implement security level using key / certificates.

Now important thing here is the people who are going to login donot have username on PI box.

Now how can assign the certificate to the users who are external in my visual admin.

Hope my scenario is clear . Kindly post u r views on this.

With regards

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does using SSL / Certificates have to do with user id's?

The whole point of using Digital Certificates is to authenticate the request coming into XI using SSL.

Can you explain further what your requirement actually is?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Actually our client has a application through which he needs to update the BackendSystem.

For Instance : he is accessing the DMS system to upload document using a BAPI.

So i decided to give these services in the form of "WebService" which can be used by them in their application.

Security is one of the concern for them , i went trhough few blogs that SOAP Adapter has client authentication, am not much clear in those certifcate stuffs , so was asking how to carry on .

Any view how i can organise this

with regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create One Service user in XI (SU01)and give that to the External Users who want to Access XI

Ex: RFCUSER

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

So for each client there should one service user and this service user can be given with Certificates in the visual admin

Am i right ?

thx in advnc

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sehagiri,

Am not aware of this ,

Do we need to pay sap for having service user type ?? or we can any number of service user type.

Kindly advice.

Well now i have created this service user in my XI and assigned the Certifcate.

Now where and how could my Sender soap Adapter understand this.

am quiet confused how to order .

Any views to make me stable guys

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess the Service user which you would have created will be in XI abap stack only.You need to provide the url and the userId, pwd to the web service client so that they will be bale to invoke your webservice.. you don't have to give the service user details in Soap Sender Adapter. It is just for ypur web client to acesss your webservice.

The url will be like this:

http://<serverhost>:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party>:<ServiceName>:<Channel Name>

I hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks

Amit

Edited by: Craig Cmehil on Jul 3, 2008 3:30 PM