cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide input help for a field(values from backend SAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am designing a form where i need to provide some input fields to user. some of these fileds will have input help also.

This could be a form of listbox/drop down.

Can you please suggest how can i do this.

Thanks for your time,

regards,

Sudhir

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing old messages, not relevant now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

I don't think you have that kind of UI element in VC 6.0. It does not have any listbox/dropdown box.

Whatever options you are getting in VC6.0, you can use only those.

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deep,

In one of the session taken in SAP teched, 05. they have explained how to create a drop down(not inputs from backend).. so this is very much possible.. My problem is . i am not getting options, which are explained in exercise.

So if someone has already done this... and they can share their experience.

thanks,

Message was edited by: Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

It is possible to have Value Help in a drop down List where the User can select the values also u can make this field as Required or Not Required in a FORM depending on the requirement.

Could please specify your requirement more clearly so that I can guide u?

Thanks,With Regards,

Sripriya Srinivasan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sripriya,

I need to give a drop down for Personal number/Any key field from master data table.

Also i want to provide input help for date -> date calendar.

Please let me know any solution.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

The information which you have provided is not sufficient. Please provide info about what data services you are using,eg. whether a Query or BAPI or others? What Master Data Table you are talking about and others.

Regarding the Date Calendar. Its very Simple.

1) Drag and Drop a Form to the storyboard,name it and click on configure.

2) Click the "+" sign at the Bottom of the Configure window, The New UI Control window opens up.

3) Select the Date Picker option and click on ok.

4) Now go to the properties of the Date Picker by right clicking and selecting properties or by double clicking.

5)Select the Display tab and specify name,go to formatting tab, select the format which u want, now select the general tab and under the Data Source Field Section select Default Value for the Date or any formula which u want to set like if u have a BW Query and if u want to pass the Date coming from the Query to this Date Picker then U need write a formula for it.This depends on ur requirement. For eg. U can use NOW(). This will return the current date. Offcourse u can click on Action Tab and set the follow up action by including a submit button on the form. etc.if required.

Hope this solves ur Date Problem.

Elaborate the other problem for resolution.

Give Rate if solved.

Regards,

Sripriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sripriya,

I am using RFC for my application. For example. one of simple application is, RFC accepts personal number as input and list some address details of selected employee.

Now for this application in VC, i want to provide input help for employee number, with its text(first name of something).

About calendar.. i am not able to view "configure" option.

I guess i am doing something wrong here.

This is what i did... I create a view and on design tab. i created new input form and then i right click in form. but i can not see any option to Configure it.

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong here.

Thanks and regards,

Sudhir