cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic tables collide when adding rows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created two dynamic tables with buttons to add/remove/move rows. When I add rows, the table collides with the other one and overlays it. How can I manage that the other table (or content) of the PDF is moved automatically further down to avoid a collision?

Thanks

Using LCD 7.1

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jul 2, 2008 2:52 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the whole page are flowed, this will solve your problem

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer. How can I do that? I'm kind of new to LCD

Thank you

harman_shahi
Contributor
0 Kudos

this is an addition to what Gopal said...

Wrap both of your tables within a SubForm with Flow Layout (Click on your Table name in the u2018hierarchyu2019 tab, and select u201CWrap in SubFomu201D. Then you can click on the newly created SubForm, and change the u2018Contentu2019 property in the u2018Objectu2019 tab to u201CFlowedu201D.

Subform1 (flow Layout)

-

Table1

Subform2 (Flow Layout)

-

Table2

If you have your tables inside a SubForm with a u201CPositionu201D Layout, then you will see the problem of colliding.

Hope this helps,

Harman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for you answer. When I wrap each table with one flowed subform, the tables still collide. If I wrap both tables within ONE subform they don't collide any more with each other BUT with the end of the page itself (I'd like to have the table flowed on a new - dynamically added - page).

When I select both tables and select "wrap with subform" the second table is positioned directly below the first one. I'm not able to change their position (bringing some space between those two tables).

Any hints?

Thank you so much

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jul 4, 2008 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Wrap the tables in individual subform and set the subform as flowed, and make the whole page subform as flowed so that it will take you to the next page if there are more data. Place a empty subform between the table subform and set it as positioned so that you can find some space between the tables.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Regarding the margins between 2 tables either u can give some 'below margin" for first table or some "Top Margin" for second table in their layout tab.

Regarding the collision, for the one subforms that wraps both the tables, check the property of allow page breaks within content at Object>>Subform tab of that very subform that wraps the 2 tables.

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Amita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all thanks for answering that quickly!

@ Gopal

Thank you. When I wrap the whole page with a subform and set it to flowed, all elements are in a chaos (but the table is flowed to the next page when reaching the end of it).Putting a subform between the two tables works!

Space between two tables:

subform (flowed)

--> subform (flowed)

-

>table

--> subform (position) = spacer

--> subform (flowed)

-

>table

@ amita

unfortunately it is not possible to check that option for allowing page breaks

Thanks to both of you!

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jul 4, 2008 2:35 PM

Edited by: Martin Hornstein on Jul 4, 2008 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the two table no more collide with each other but with the end of the page. As soon as a table reaches the end of one, no additional page is added automatically.

Anyone got an idea?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

page has to be set to flowed.