cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transpose a table in Visual Composer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VC Gurus,

does anybody know if there is a way to transpose a table in Visual Composer, ie switching places of rows and columns??

If this is not possible, can I calculate a row as a result of previous rows of the same column?? I know how it can be done along the columns, but not along the rows.

Thanks for your help,

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

1. Regarding transposing a table, i'm afraid it's not possible in VC because the no. of columns will have to be made dynamic, and i do not think it's possible in VC. Instead you could write an EJB in CAF for transposing the table and expose it and consume it in VC as a web service. Have you tried that?

2. Can you explain more clearly about row calculation for us to understand better? Are you not essentially calculating different cells' values which form a column data?

Regards,

Vani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vani!

1. Unfortunately one of my requirements is that I can only get data from queries and not from Web Services or other sources, so no WS calling would be allowed in my deployed I-View, but thanks anyway for your suggestion.

2. You are right, I was not clear enough in my first post. Let's say I have 3 rows and 12 columns, what I want is the following:

ROW3 = ROW1 / ROW2

obviously for each column. Do you have an idea about how it could be done??

Thanks a lot,

Andrea

Answers (0)