Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

When I am try to check in the file , then check in document: Vault window opens

then I Select the then select the sotrage categary as vault 1

error message comes .

File c:\IDS10000000000000000000006 cannot be opened

is this because of incorrect IMG setting for Define Data Carrier

if yes please guide me for that or any other reason plz help me .

we are working on ecc 6.00.

thanks

sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Usually for storage of any files in DMS, SAP Database is used rather than Archieve or Vault.

for storing in SAP Database u need to do following setting in DC10 (t-code).

in DC10-->open the particular doc type in which u have created a doc.At almost bottom of the page u find,

File Size,here u enter some default size, for ex:1500000.

Now, go to ur cv01n or cv02n and then try doing checkin..select SAP Database as ur storage category and by this ur problem would get solved.

Usually, Storage of all documents/files is preferred in Content Server which is external WAS for storage where u need not use SAP Database, Vault or Archieve for storage of files.

Hope this helps u.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.

former_member214272
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi MANOJKUMAR

One more question SAP Database is used rather than Archieve or Vault. please explain

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sunil,

When you want to store tyhe doc in sap databse, there is a restiction for number of file attached to the 1 doc number. so beeter way use the content server to store the documents.

Vault and archive is the seprate functionality.

if you are using sap db to store then mention the file size in DC10, but best way to store the doc use KPRO (content server) , which compress your file while storing, so you get additonal space.

regards,

nitin

award point if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Let me explain you in detail that, there are two different secure storage areas in SAP-DMS

( Document management system):

1) DMS storage

i) SAP DB

ii) Vault

iii) RFC Archive

2) Kpro Storage

i)SAP DB

ii)HTTP Content server

While Implementing SAP-DMS, it is recommended by SAP best using Kpro to manage content storage i.e. you get lot of feature such as redlining, automatic check in and original with N no. of originals with N additional files & N numbers of content version is possible.

Where as in SAP DB storage: Minimum (two) numbers original with only minimum additional files possible.

In customization: using T code DC10 choose document type, select new entry & check for Use Kpro. If not required then deselect it.

Regards,

Seema Pilankar

If it useful reward the points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

SAP Database : is predefined internally in the standard SAP System. When you save an original application file to the database, the file is divided into a series of data blocks with a fixed length. You do not use this storage method for large files (for example, screen designs).

This storage method is suitable for small files (for example, text files) because all of the original application files are also stored to the database. If the original file is changed, however, the original version in the database is overwritten. In other words, only the last version is kept.

SAP database is as if storage provided by the system while storing is Content Server is as if you are maintaining external drive/hard disk..

Archieve : this is also a type of storage device where usually data or files which are kept for many years or maintained just for reference are dumped.

for ex: if any company is having many data which is maintained for last 10 years then such files are dumped into archieve thru archivelink server,once data gets archieved cannot be changed but can be only used for reference/display.

Vault : The vault is a server that can be accessed in the local network. When you save the original application file to a vault, the system assigns a new file name that is invisible. For this reason, you can only process original application files stored in a vault from the document info record.

SAP database is used as a storage device in place of archieving or vault but since SAP database has many limitations, so in order to eliminate these limitations Content Server is used.

Hope so this may help.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl. reward if useful.