cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Behaviour when login with different language in ME51n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have dev server with following client 300 cust, 200 abap dev and 220 testing and also we have multiple language enabled.

When we are running T-code ME51n in client 300 and 220 with english lang It is OK but when trying it only with french language in client 220 it is cumming error in the status bar

Le type de poste 0 n'existe pas. Corrigez vos donnees (Error msg in French)

The post type 0 does not exist. Correct your donnees (Translated Error msg in English)

Other users are having problem with the T-Code ME21n also in addition in 220 with FR language

Suggest me how to avoid this error?

Could anyone please tell me if it is a basis related error??

Regards,

Souren

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you

- install French language?

- filled up with the language dependent parts of the support packages?

- refilled the language?

- refilled the client?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the post type 0 translated in the customizing?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

done it in 300(cust) and then copied it to 220(test).

In 300 client no prob....but in 220 lang FR ME51n is giving problem

Edited by: Souren on Jul 3, 2008 11:13 AM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case I´d open an OSS call in component MM-PUR and let people have a look on the system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus .....

I solved this issue

01)I Changed the Client Setting from No changes allowed to automatic recording of changes and

02) run the transaction from english lang

03) Logon to the french lang and then execute the Tcode...The values are comming now

Now again I changed the setting to No changes allowed.

I repeated the process for spanish also then only it is working for the spanish language.

Doing that I solved the issue but I have got another issue ME51 is executing and showing the value but from the MM03 no value is showing in frnch and spanish language where as in eng values are coming properly.

Now repeating previous step is not giving us the solution.

Please help..

Regards,

Souren Sharma

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again - I suggest to open a call - there seems to be something weird going on in your system.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souren

As i understand from your message that you have multiple language installed in your system, you solve the problem yourself to remove/set the cleint protection but actually it was not require for that.

Again, you having same problem in spanish language but it did not solve problem as you mentioned above.

Whenever you have translating problem in client, you should filled language, you need to supplement the client by the English / German language. This supplementation is mandatory for the client when you are using multiple languages.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What you can try to force the system to read the language again is to delete the dynpro load for the languages, see note 110910 - Deleting the language load.

We had a likewise problem some time ago where only "????" were displayed in the menus for certain languages. Running the mentioned report solved that problem.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From client 220 I tried to execute the PROGRAM "RSREFILL" for french language it gave me some error like

Table FOPCROLED contains string

Table FPB_EXP_INSTRUCT contains string

TABLE FPB_LP_LONGTEST contains string

Table FDT_ADMIN_0114 contains string

And hence after running the program did not give me the desired error.

Then I went to SMLT --> Language -->Action --> Maintence Client

After running this some part of the problem solved like from french language

T-Code MM01 is having proper value

T-Code ME51 is executing

But from CUNI last column of the Unit of the measure is blank and 2 columns are coming in numbers whereas in eng it is coming as text.

This problem is in all the clients including 300(CUST) and and 010 (SANDBOX) client when logged on in french or spanish.

But from 000 client in any lang the values for CUNI t-code is coming properly....

I thing successfull run of the RSREFILL program will solve the problem for me..but it is giving some error saying some table contains STRING mentioned above.

How to resolve this issue??

Please suggest......

Regards,

Souren

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to delete the language load (it won´t harm the system) - as described in the mentioned note.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Please follow the SAP Notes to remove inconsistencies

Note 1156507 - Language supplementation, RSREFILL and client maintenance

You have to execute a language supplementation combined with the report RSREFILL in all clients to close translation gaps and transfer Customizing texts from client 000 to the higher clients.

To do this, call the supplementation program under "SMLT: Language -> Supplement Language" in all clients with the predefined selection.

Regards

Anwer Waseem

SAP BASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwer,

I have alredy run the job from SMLT -->Language -->Special Action --> Suppl. Basic

As mentioned in your Note I again tried to run the in Expert Mode...

In this Expert mode which tables do I have to select and run?

Last time In the EXPERT Mode I have not touched anything. Except Cross-Client Table all the tables were selected by default I just executed it but no fruiteful result has come.

Any further suggestion??

Regards,

Souren Sharma