Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to specify in material master

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts, pls help. Many thx.

Issue: To evaluate the product developers' performance, how to specify the product developers in material master?

Background: Different product developers can develop the same product in the same plant. And different products can be produced on the same product line.

E.g. product developers description of product line products

#1 P A, P, C...

#2 A A, P...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

I think u can not maintain product developer in material master, instead u can differenciate material with respect to particular batch no series to product developer wise. If u try to maintain new field also in material master u will be able to maintain only one product developer.

Hope this may give some idea.

Regs,

Ravi Duggirala

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi, firstly, many thx for yr very helpful answer. Points are rewarded accordingly.

Actually, the batch no. has been used for clarifycation of products' validity in this scenario. But, i will try it.

Hope more advice.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cathy,

I do not understand your requirement fully (it's not clear to me what 'evaluation' of 'product developer' means)...but cannot you use classification for this purpose?

from which point of view do you want to evaluate and what exactly?

Thanks,

Csaba

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba, let me clarify further.

Product developers means technician who take charge of their plant's product. Each product developer is assigned to one production line, and put product to his production line. To calculate the qty of products from each product developer means evaluation of performance. U know, their salary is based on it.

It's hard to clarification in material master coz those developers can use the same product. Moreover, the production line is not necessary to configure in the system.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's a little bit clearer

You cannot realize your idea by defining technicians in material master since the technician comes into the picture when production is taking place.

So, I would suggest that you should solve this problem (maye) using PP module.

E.g.if you can make a 1:1 connection between PrdOrd and technician you can give the technician somehow in the PrdOrd (e.g. field 'Sequence number' can be used for this purpose if you do not use this field, you can change the production scheduler,..I don't know which settings and master data are used in your system).

Other options might be that when you confirm you confirm the qty under the technician name...these are not exact solutions I know...but you should choose an appropriate field in the PrdOrd or oneit at the time of confirmation and you could report it via COOIS or MB51...

E.g. in CO15 there's a field called 'Personnel number'...

Just my ideas...

BR

Csaba

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba, many thx for yr advice. I'll try it. Points are rewarded accordingly.