cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reverse transport....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know is there anyway to transport roles from Production to Development or Sandbox. If yes then how? is this is called reverse transport?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thumb rule is that

In any ERP Landscape

(DEV) development system is set to modifiable & other systems are set to Non-modifiable like QAS , PRD

& transports goes in a sequence like the other user posted & in regard to roles you can upload & download. But roles are also done in DEV tested in QAS & then used in PRD as for my knowledge.

Pls advice me if any corrections.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul is correct, roles are transportable and you should definitely be making the initial role changes in DEV first, then moving the change to QAS and PRD via proper testing and transports. If you have a role that's in production but not in DEV, it tells me that you are doing changes directly in production ... a BIG no no.

Here are also a few more important points to consider.

1. No transports into DEV. A lot of times you'd get asked by projects in sandbox environments whether or not they can transport project changes into DEV. ALWAYS answer NO. Why? Because the sandbox environment may not be at the same support pack level, may not have code that work nicely with other components already in DEV, and also it opens a can of worms in terms of problems.

2. Not all things can be transported, we call those "manual config" here inhouse. This means, depending on your organization, you may leave the QAS environments open for manual configuration. It makes it easier on you as an admin, so you don't have to constantly lock and unlock the systems. However, PRD should almost ALWAYS be locked.

3. When do we open PRD? We open PRD during quarterly releases and approved off-cycle changes. We also only open the system if there's a non-transportable manual config item. The changes are tested, signed off by business, and approved by all team leads. The system is locked immediately as the manaul configuration is complete.

Hope this gives you a better idea of system landscape and responsibilities.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To fix the issue in your system now:

1. Manually recreate the role in DEV and assign to a transport.

2. Transport into QAS and test.

3. Transport into PRD (with all overwrite flags) to versionize the role.

Kevin.

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ashwini,

In SAP transport routes are

DEV -

>QAS -

> PRD

request is transport from dev to qas to prd . It is not possible transportation from PRD to DEV.

You can download this role from PRD & than upload in DEV.This is only the way which i know.

And role which you want to transport from PRD to DEV is should be exist in DEV system.Why do you want to transport from PRD to DEV.

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far as transports are concerned, you cannot do the reverse tranports in SAP.

But In your query, it is about the role. That thing you can perform by other method.

Upload/Download of SAP Roles.

If you go into the PFCG tcode, you will find this utility which would download the role as a "file" and then you can upload that role to other system.

Thnks