cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting two instances of SAP system on two different physical hosts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed a SAP JAVA system (EP6.0) on my Windows 2003 server machines.I have two instances in the SAP system namely JC00 and SCS01. I virtualiazed these two instance to run under Cluster Environment. I am trying to start instance SCS01 on Host A and JC00 on Host B. But I am not able to start these two instances on different hosts. I am not finding any logs in the work directory to debug the problem.

If any of you know/have any information how to make these two instances run on two different hosts under cluster please let me know.

Regards,

cvr/

P.S:- I am planing to install third instance say dialog instance on these machines. Do you see any problem if I install the third instance? This is a test setup. So I won't mind about the performance etc.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata Reddy Chappavarapu,

you should find the documentation under

http://service.sap.com/ha --> Media Library --> Documentation.

The scenario I explained runs successfully on two portals at our side.

Best regards,

Jens

former_member292569
Participant
0 Kudos

did you check the parameters for enserver and msserver in the configtool and in the profiles of the instances?

Maybe it would be the best way to run the JC00 and SCS01 on one host and switch them both to the second host when a failover is done. If both hosts are available, there could be a dialog instance running on the second host.

Best regards,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks for your reply. I changed the parameters for enserver and msserver in the config tool and also in the profile files.

What I understood is the best way is to run both of them on same host, but nothing stops me to run them on different hosts. Am I right? What is the supported configuration by SAP? Any Idea?

Regards,

cvr/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

The installation of two instance SAP in cluster is ok ?

I want to implant a solution for DEV and TST in cluster , two instance + DB in node A and node B idle. The Fail-over in node A , two instance ( DEV and TST ) + DB switch for node B, it will be running ?

Best Regards,

Felipe

HayBouten
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you have a look at http://service.sap.com/ha There is alot information on High Available solutions (also Java).

Three instances on a single host will work. You will need some extra memory, but it's possible. I have serveral systems running with a CI (AbapJava), DI (AbapJava) and a SCS.

I haven't a cluster setup.

Happy Holidays,

Hay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hay,

Thanks for the information. I don't have problems when run all the instances on single host, but if I distribute them on different physical host I have problems. So I want to know whether distributed setup for SCS and CI is supported or not?

Thanks once again.

Regards,

cvr/