cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'In the case of a fixed vendor, please enter info record' error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are on SRM 5.5. User created SC and selected a vendor as a source of supply. After ordering, Pr should be created in ERP. Instead of that we receive an error - "In the case of a fixed vendor, please enter info record". Any idea what can be causing this problem? I was trying to replicate that problem by creating PR manually and putting a fixed vendor there but the field is cleared out autimatically upon 'check'. Please advise.

kind regards,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look at these threads:

BR,

Disha.

DO reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Thanks for the hint, I am awarding you with points but still have some doubts. The behaviour I am describing is happening in Production, in Dev we do not have this problem - PR get's created and vendor is placed in 'preferred vendor' field. System message on both systems is set to 'E'.

Any idea what can be causing it? Does it mean that in our Production system the vendor from SC is transferred to 'fixed vendor' field? what is the deafult behaviour?

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. A fixed vendor in SRM normally comes from the catalogue or a contract (SRM or backend) or an info record or a vendor list.

If none of these exist you can key a preferred vendor in SRM in a shopping cart.

If you are then transferring to the backend as a req, it will pass either a fixed or preferred vendor based on what it has found in SRM.

Do you have a source of supply in SRM in production, but not in development?

You can tell the vendor type in transaction BBP_PD. Put in the cart number and look at the vendor partner. Fixed is patrner type 19, preffered is 39.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Thanks for the answer, I will award points. Indeed some items in this SC were created using catalog and the others are pure text items. What is most interesting, if I order in SC only catalog items(with fixed vendor) it works fine. The problem occurs if catalog items are combined with pure text items. I guess it's something that I shoudl report to OSS...

kind regards,

Robert