cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem during Web Dynpro Deployment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes (I donu00B4t know why and when) the deployment of my Web Dynpro project hangs up.

The deployment output view in Dev.Studio says that

- asynchronous deployment started and

- a temp. copy has been created successfully.

But then nothing goes on.

Connecting to SDM remote gui is not possible because an administrator ist already connected via API.

Looking at Visual Administrator shows a red STOP in front of my Application (under services/deploy/).

Trying to remove the application is not possible. Nothing happens after pressing the button.

Trying to start the application hangs up the Visual Admin.

And here is the output of SDM log:

Jun 11, 2004 11:06:58... Info: -

Starting deployment -

Jun 11, 2004 11:06:58... Info: Loading selected archives...

Jun 11, 2004 11:06:58... Info: Loading archive 'F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp9390WARPWebDynpro.ear'

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Selected archives successfully loaded.

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Actions per selected component:

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: development component 'WARPWebDynpro'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2004.06.11.11.06.48': update

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: SDM configuration: Do not automatically start/stop J2EE Engine. Do not save current state of J2EE Engine now.

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Error handling strategy: OnErrorStop

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Update strategy: UpdateAllVersions

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Starting to execute deployment action (update) for "WARPWebDynpro".

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: SDA to be deployed: F:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\SDM\root\origin\local\WARPWebDynpro\LOKAL\0.2004.06.11.11.06.48\temp9390WARPWebDynpro.ear

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:02... Info: Software type of SDA: J2EE

Jun 11, 2004 11:07:03... Info: ***** Begin of SAP J2EE Engine Deployment (J2EE Application) *****

The only way to solve this problem at the moment is to restart the server. Is there any other way?

Thanks in advance

Helmut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

please check, if there isn't a possible endless loop somewhere inside one of the controller implementations. I encountered this strange behaviour sometime ago in conjunction with a programmatic error in a supplyFunction, using the Context-node methods moveFirst() and moveNext(). I used a while-loop checking if the current node element is null, but without doing the moveNext() call, so the element never got null.

The result was, that the WD server application couldn't be activated after deploying, was errorneous stopped (like in your case, displaying the stop-sign in the deploy-view of visual admin) and the application lock for the deployment was never released. You can undeploy such a server application after server restart only. Very nasty.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Stefan

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thank you for the answer but in my case it is no endless loop. After restarting the server or to be precise the cluster I could deploy without changing my code.

Restarting the SDM stopped the deployment but when redeploy the application the same error occured. Restarting the server only failed. So I had to restart the whole local engine.

Thanks again and best regards

Helmut

htammen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I had the same error again and found out now that there is an error in the enqueue server.

The error log says:

SAP Basis System: Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)

Without restarting the whole engine you can do the following procedure (in SAPMMC for example):

- Stop the SDM process.

- Stop the SAP instance in which the enqueue server is running.

- Start the SAP instance you´ve just stopped.

- Start the SDM process again.

If you still get a deployment error (Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !) you have to refresh the J2EE Engine tree in Dev. Studio.

The latter is probably already known, I guess.

This procedure takes much less time than restarting the whole engine and other people can continue their work.

Best regards

Helmut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helmut,

thank you very much for sharing this. But i'm not sure, whether the error log entry you mention is really the reason for the deployment error. This entry is displayed very often, even if there's no deployment at all.

Best regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helmut,

the same error ("cannot determine sdm host (is empty)") occured several times on my system. It had nothing to do with Web Dynpro specifically, as I developed another type of component. BTW: After deploying several times, I had to restart the Dev. Studio and then everthing went OK (until some deployments later when the same error came up again).

So, I assume having a system malfunction and not an OSI 8 layer problem

Regards

Klaus