cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AE: Escalation E-mail not going to next approver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a 3 stage approval process APO, BPO and security.

If a request is not approved within 8 hrs at any of the stages then the request is escalated to the next approver.

The problem is this that there is no e-mail notifying the next approver that the request has been escalated. The next approver will however get another e-mail asking the approver to approve the request and this is as it should be. However the escalation e-mail is not going to the next approver.

Please Advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am having exactly the same problem with the escalation email notification. The alternate approver receives an email - but it is the standard "request awaiting approval" email, not the escalation email. I have the "Other Approvers" box checked for escalation and I have checked that the background jobs are all running correctly for reminders, escalation and email, and lately my reminder emails have also stopped. There is nothing obvious in the log to indicate any problems. i would appreciate any other ideas on this problem as well.

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rodger-

You also might want to check out your Escalation background job, and ensure it is running on the schedule you want...

Ankur

GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the input.

Yes, the background job is definitely running for escalations as well as email reminders. I have checked the job logs and they are running with no errors.

Under the notification on each stage, under escalation, we do have "Other approvers" selected. Any idea's?

The request is escalating to the next stage after the wait period, however the "next approver" does not receive the emails under the "escalation" tab within the stage.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I saw your snapshots, it looks fine but i will run this scenario on monday, then will send you a step by step guide.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodger,

Check the stage level settings, from where it is getting escalated. Now go to that particular stage and go to notification configuration -> escalated should be checked for other approvers.

Try this one, or send me a snapshot of your stage level settings. Get my E-mail from profile.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

Amol Bharti