cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPJco.JAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are installing Mapbox SP13 on the CRM 5.0,Kernel version 700, SP Level SPS14 . It's a Dual-stack system.

I wanted to know is it mandatory to install SAPJCO on the server.

When i am trying to execute the Smoketest for the mapbox, it's asking for the location of SAPJCO.JAR file and i'am unable to locate it.

Request you to help in finding the sapjco.jar file and in configuring the mapbox.

Regards

Kaleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is a DUAL stack the Java part should contain the Libraries for JCO. Did it ask for SAPJCO.JAR? Are you on Windows or UNIX?

Maybe the file is not called SAPJCO.JAR (UPPER CASE) but sapjco.jar??

In this cas if on UNIX try to create a symbolic link SAPJCO.JAR => sapjco.jar so your app will be able to resolve the name and find the library?

If it is not there (what I really do no think) just download it from SAP Marketplace

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

I'm on UNIX, It asked for the directory of sapjco.jar . Could you help me in locating that path.

is it under the /usr/sap/SID/<INSTANCEXX>/j2ee/server/.............. or we have to install and start the smoketest.

Regards

Kaleem

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I had a look on our system (just JAVA stack) and I performed a search for jco.

Seems like there is no sapjco.jar (But there are a couple of client libraries concerning JCO with different names)

e.g.

./D01/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.tc.di.scm.cts_adapter/_transport_adapter_jco.jar

./D01/JC00/j2ee/cluster/server0/bin/ext/com.sap.tc.di.scm.transport_api/_transport_adapter_jco.jar

or

/sapmnt/D01/exe/cfw/lib/jts_jco.jar

Maybe it is the best if you download sapjco fpr your OS from SAP Marketplace and install it in on your machine to make sure it is the appropriate library

Nevertheless:

Try to perform a search on your machine to look for the library:

e.g.

# find /usr/sap -name "*jco*.jar" -print

or

# find /sapmnt -name "*jco*.jar" -print

or

# find /usr/sap -name "sapjco.jar" -print

and see if you have any hits

Hope this helps

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel

Thanks for help , I think i have to install the SAPJco , should i go for SAP JCo Release 3.0.0 or SAP JCo Release 2.1.8.

I was just going through the FAQ's and I was not able to understand the license part. Do I have to buy additional license for using Jco libraries .

Is it required for Mapbox ?

Regards

Kaleem

former_member698570
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Is there a 3.0 version? You can use either version. I think the last time I used JCO I worked with the 2.1.8 version. There should not be any differences. Maybe you can have a look at the release notes and see if there are any compatibility issues but I don't think so.

No you don't have to pay any license fees for using the libraries but I guess you are actually paying license fees for any technical user that is being used in your Backend System to access the system using JCO.

Cheers

Answers (0)