cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Listners not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use Mii v 12.0. During our first trial, we installed it on a Windows based server. It was fine. Now, we installed it on an Unix server, and we are facing some problem with connection between Mii and SAP... When we try to start message listener, we got only this laconic pop-up error message : "Error has occured while starting server". We try to trace it, but nothing in the log...

And when trying to set a JCO connection with the workbench, we got only "JCOProxy error: Null". We guess it's linked.

Is anybody had an idea ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be aware the v12 installation requires 2 installation files the OS Independent and the JCO Libs.

Typically the error you've mentioned would mean that the JCO library has not been deployed.If you are positive that it has been then try bouncing the box , that helps in most of the cases.

Another point worth mentioning is with version 12.0.3 SAP has done away with the stand-alone JCO dlls, I am not sure if this means that now only the "OS Independent" installable is what one would need for MII, but make sure you keep this in mind as well.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good point Udayan, but I would go with the latest, which is 12.0.4.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your replies.

I'm not the server admin, only developper, but if the JCO library is the JDBC jar, it's installed, as I can see in the System Management :

ojdbc14.jar Deployed Administrator 20/02/08 13:11:18

If I understand well, you suggest to re-install this library ?

And what do you mean by "OS Independent" file ? How can I check if it's ok ?

We are using V 12.0.2. Please note that the connection to our MES system (Visiprise) is ok, only connection to SAP is not working...

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier

For JCo Connection (before MII 12.0.4) you need some OS dependent file. Like in Windows there is some DLLs like sapjcorfc and librfc32.dll.

Similarly in Unix you need some Shell Script files.

These files can ge got from the SAP Service Marketplace. the JCO version is 2.1.8. Based on whether ur OS is 32 or 64 bit you need to download and put them in the correct folder path in the machine and then reboot it.

You may not need this for windows as SAP Logon Pad puts them in System 32 folder.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that's more clear. I will ask the server admin to check that and tell you the status...