Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Failure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Pls let me know how to find out the failure reason of any IDOC.I don't have WE19 and also i can't debugg the code.

I have to find out why any particular IDOC got failed??

Regards,

Raghav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table EDIDS has the IDOC status record and you can consider the record with largest counter.

This is the status of the IDOC.

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Table EDIDS has the IDOC status record and you can consider the record with largest counter.

This is the status of the IDOC.

0 Kudos

I m not talking abt status..!!!

0 Kudos

hi,

check txn WE02.

Rgds,

Raghu.

0 Kudos

hello Raghu,

I have checked already the same.But I m looking for whr exactly i can find the details and all apart from WE02 cos it only gives me the status and segments and all..but I want to know why it is failing ??

Regards

Raghav

0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendar,

Check txn WE05 or check the area menu WEDI( go to Easy access and execute this transaction).

in WEDI, you'll find all the relevant things necessary .

Rgds,

Raghu.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Prob is that IDOC showing failure staus but belonging fuctionality related the same is showing diffrerent results...that's why i am asking whr exactly i can find out the whole theory for the same....I hope u r getting me..!! Acutually i have to check these records in production system..so most wanted Txn is locked..!!

Regards ,

Raghav

0 Kudos

hello,

check if the IDoc is re-processed or there was any other idoc, which updated the functionality?

Rgds,

Raghu.

0 Kudos

Try BD87.

former_member125931
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

WE05 OR WE02,here you can find status of ur IDOC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

How you are saying idoc is failure ?, can u please send the information then i will give the solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Narasimha Rao.N

0 Kudos

Hi,

Use BD73,here u can handle errors for non posting IDOC's and also u can post from here once agian.

0 Kudos

it has status 51 (in WE02)

0 Kudos

hi go to we02 and expand the status record it will show the status of the processed records and it will give the error description if you double click the status record.....hi r u working on custom idoc or standard idoc..for the custom idoc you need to give the status by your own ...means if the data is coming correctly and it is creating idoc successfully... then you need to over write the status 51 with 53 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to use WE02 and WE05 transaction to find out the status of idoc

If the status record for a idoc have number between 0 to 49 then the problem is in outbound, if its onwards 50 the problem is in inbound.

we can use table EDIDS to track the idoc status and even gives the reason for failure for the particular idoc.

hope this will help you.

plz reward if useful.

thanks,

dhanashri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, goto t-code WE05, execute,

double click on ur message type, u vl get list of idocs,

double click on idoc number which is in red light,

click on status records which is available on available left side ,

double click on error status of idoc, once u double click on status of record, u vl find application log in application tool bar.check application log for error messages.

0 Kudos

Hi

It must be purely data/functionality/process issue. But not a technical problem.

Yes Venkat Reddy's solution is correct to figure out the reason for data posting failure.

-> single click and expand the status record

-> all statuses should will be displayed

-> Double click on the white notepad icon infront of status and then you will find "application log" button on the top bar

-> click on the application log button

-> description should be infront of you.

-> juggle thru the tabs(TechnInfo, Stsdetails, Logging) for more accurate point of segment. Stsdetails will provide you the information.

If you couldn't find application log

-> single click on the status record to further expand with a child entry

-> Double click on the child "notepad icon" and you will find the notes help or explanation link from SAP.

Hope you must be able to navigate and play around with status details.

it's tough to explain you, If you are still not in a position to catch the ball.

probably you may need to provide more detailed trouble information.