Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP TO RFC using BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I am creating a scenario of

File to RFC, Using BPM where in again input from File and updating using RFC in multiple steps...( Not creating a scenario of FTP to RFC to FTP )

do i have any web-blog or step wise guide for above scenario

Regards,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

See if the following blog is of any help.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d458a870-0601-0010-caab-b99...

Cheers,

Chandra

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this web blog ought to help u

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

regards chritina dove

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keith,

There is a very good example available showing the bpm steps. Refer the link below.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6e/57c53f3e0f0228e10000000a114084/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3c/831620a4f1044dba38b370f77835cc/content.htm

This should give you an idea about the overall process.

Cheers,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi keith,

>>>make sure that the destination of your transformation step is a multiline container element.

>>>>>how do i create the above..???

In the transformation step, you will be asked for 3 info.

1. Source message

2. Destination message

3. Interface mapping.

For the source message and destination message, you will have to create container elements.

while creating the container element for the same, you will be asked to specify the interface from which the message is expected.

while creating these container elements, your will have a check box for multiline, select this for the destination conatainer element and use the same element as the output message for your transformation step.

regards,

bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keith,

for using BPM in this scenario check out this weblog,

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh...

this is wot im lookin for..thanx for ur efforts but this is what i want...

here..

>>>>>File to RFC, Using BPM where in again input from File and updating using RFC in multiple steps...( Not creating a scenario of FTP to RFC to FTP )

not just a simple FTP to RFC or FTP to RFC to FTP...

i need to update the RFC in multiple steps...

regards..

keith

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi keith,

This can be done in the following steps,

1. In your message mapping, do a 1:N message mapping. Therby, now your single input file is split into N requests and each of these can be sent individually to the RFC.

In the BPM, the following has to be done,

1. a single receiver to receive the input from your file adapter.

2. a transformation step where your input is split into N messages. As the transformation is a 1:N mapping, make sure that the destination of your transformation step is a multiline container element.

3. Now,create a loop, and a send step inside this loop.

4.You can send all your messages to the RFC either one after the other or as a single block.

hope this solves your problem.

regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavesh..

what u hav said...sounds good, can u pls mail me the snapshot of the Integration process...

polemic30@yahoo.com

>>>make sure that the destination of your transformation step is a multiline container element.

how do i create the above..???

regards..

keith

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Keith,

The file to RFC scenario can be implemented in the following steps,

1. In the design, create the requsite DataType, MessageType and MessageInterfaces. One message interface will be outbound asynch and the other will be inbound async.

2. Do the message mapping and also the interface mapping as required.

In the configuration, the following has to be done,

1. Create 2 communication channels. One for file as sender and the other for RFC as the receiver.

2. Create 1 sender agreement and 1 receiver agreement. In the sender agreement give your FILE communication channel and in the receiver agreement give your RFC communication channel.

3. Then, do the receiver determination, interface determination.

4. In each of this, the sender service is the business system you have created and the receiver service is the system in which your RFC resides.

Regards,

Bhavesh