cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating price information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have a repository in MDM containg products. Every day I get all products from my vendors, and these files contains updated prices. In MDM i only want to update the price field. I have in the matching fields a combination of three fields which makes my key. Further I have added the price field as a single matching field in addition to the key. But, when I match records it does not only match the key fields with corresponding prices, but it also matches records with the same price. Is there a way to solve this?

Here is an example:

Source file:

Material;Supplier;Vendor;Price

1;1;1;12

1;2;1;14

1;1;2;15

Destination (MDM)

Material;Supplier;Vendor;Price

1;1;1;10

1;2;2;14

1;1;2;15

Here I just wan to update the price in the combination 1;1;1. But in the record matching, also the record 1;2;2 is matched since the price is the same. I have added Material, Supplier and Vendor as a combination key and price as a single matching field.

Regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Any specific reason that you have to use price field as a single matching field in addition to the key.

Try without price in matching.

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your replay. If I don't have price as a matching field, the price will not be updated for products where the price has changed. At least that is my experience.

Regards, Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

You just have to use your three key fields for matching. In field mapping you have mapped price field. In matching tab, after selecting fields for matching (excluding price), select the import action as update all mapped fields.then import.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Edited by: Dheeraj Kumar on Jul 2, 2008 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anders,

You only have to do the field/value mapping and not matching.

If you include price in matching , it will definitely match the record with price into consideration.

What are your Import actions ?

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Thanks for your answers. But wouldn't this update all matched records, and not just the records with new prices?

Regards, Anders

Edited by: Anders Henriksen on Jul 2, 2008 10:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

This will not update your matching fields.For this you have to set "Do Not Update Field Matching Value" in configuration options to be "Yes".

Hope this would help.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I thought this issue was solved, but it is not. Here are my settings:

In the configuration option I have set: Do not update record matching field value to Yes.

I have set Match level "Singel - Excact" to Update (All mapped fields)

When I import (through MDIS) all my records get a new timestamp (Even them which does not have an updated price). And, thus all my records are exported through the syndicatior.

I have the following in the repository (The MatID, VendorID, and ID are set as matching field combination (Key)):

MatID;VendorID;ID;Price

1;1;1;12

2;2;2;23

Import file:

1;1;1;12

2;2;2;25

I wount to just update the last record. The first record is the exacte same and I don't want to update this.

Have someone solved this?

Regards, Anders Henriksen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See last message