cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to increase table space

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sap guru's,

i am working sap 4.7e ,windows 2003 server , oracle 9i. i want to increase a table space . how ncan i increase a table space . can u give any suggession.

thanks & regard

sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vince_laurent
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here are a few ways to do it. I am going to use PSAPBTABD as an example from our development system. This is all done at an SQL prompt.

Increase the size of one of the existing datafiles:

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '/oracle/DEV/sapdata7/btabd_4/btabd.data4' RESIZE 2000M;

Add a datafile:

ALTER TABLESPACE "PSAPBTABD"

ADD

DATAFILE '/oracle/DEV/sapdata9/btabd_6/btabd.data6'

SIZE 1000M;

Notes: You need to make sure at the OS level you have the space. If you go larger than 2G, at least on HP-UX, you need to make sure you have large files enabled. When you add a datafile you need to have the directory in place BEFORE you run the add datafile command. In this case /oracle/DEV/sapdata9/btabd_6 would need to be added AND made writeable by the oracle user.

HTH,

Vince

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could either resize or add a new datafile... and identify the space consumption on the file system and also I/O distribution on the file systems allocated for the database.

For Oracle:

You could nice examples from below URL

http://www.psoug.org/reference/datafiles.html

regards,

Madhu

former_member227600
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

You can increase table space using Brtools.Using Brtools you can add datafiles to tablespace.

If you have any query related to Brtools than message me.

karan

Former Member
0 Kudos