cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read content of a file using java mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Im trying a java mapping in which,I have to read the entire content of the input file through input stream to a field in the target.

I have been able to accomplish the same using content coversion in graphical mapping,but in java mapping i get blank in the target field.

have any of u come across a similar situation?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

*"JAVA MAPPING", an alternate way of reading a CSV file *

*Java Mapping to handle flat files in SAP XI *

regards

kummari

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

If u articulate ur requiremement,the fellow SDn ers will help u out

R u goin to use SAX parser or DOM?

Just go through the how to guide for java mapping available on SDN ,if u understand how the DOm parser works in the simple exapmle given in the guide,u will easily be able to do it.

Let me know if u wwant any further inputs

Regards,

Mohd Tauseef I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd Tauseef Ibrahim

I am facing same problem as mentioned. I need to conver the flat files to xml using java mapping. I was going through this thread. It would be greate if you can give me solution to this.

Thanks & Regards

Sudheer Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for ur valuable inputs,

I was trying it in SAX parser,for some reason it was not workin,when i tried it with DOM Parser ..Its perfect.. Works

former_member190389
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you share the code of what you have done?

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

This Blog helps you with the schema validation using java mapping.Please check it out.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10dd67dd-a42b-2a10-2785-91c40ee5...

Go thru this thread:

Regards,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kummari,

I have gone through the blogs u suggested,

but i get a blank value in the target field...so was wondering..where im going wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether your target filed is mapped correctly to the source..and also the occurance of source and target....and check the queues in the mapping whether the values are correctly populated or not

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See below

Testing and Debugging the Java Mapping. This will help to resolve the exact problem of blank values

Hope this help!

Thanks

Swarup