cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell what is the difference between Sales BOM , WBS BOM , Production BOM and also what is there individual application in SAP PS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets see an example with our famous Match box:

Sales BOM : Match box = Match sticks + Inner Cover + Outer Cover.

Production BOM : Match box = Phosporus + Glue + wood pulp + paper for making cover.

WBS BOM : is slightly differerent. It is a BOM required for specific WBS. for example.

If making match box is project and making match stick is a WBS in it.

Then we have WBS BOM: wood pulp + phosporus

WBS BOM doesnt necessarily tell about the end material/product.

Regards

Ramesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh.

Now tell me , If my scenario is Creation of Sales Order, Project Creation, Quotation,MRP,Generating Commitments.Then which BOM I sholud use.

More ever Cost estimation & Quotation is done by Sales Dept only, that too up to sub-Assembly level not up to Raw Material Level.

Also please tell me in Brief how to map this scenario

Thanks & Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many companies have only one universally applicable BOM structure for all areas of their company. This structure usually takes the form of complete single-level BOMs, created in the design department, and used in both material management and the assembly workshop.

The design BOM includes all the components of the product and their technical data from the design point of view. This BOM is generally not linked to any order.

The production BOM includes all the items required from the production and assembly point of view. To assemble a product, you only require items that are relevant to production, which contain process data.

The costing BOM describes the product structure and is used to automatically determine the costs of the materials required for a product. Items that are not relevant to costing are not included in the costing BOM.

Each area (for example, production) creates its own BOM that contains application-specific data, instead of using one BOM for the entire company. Each area can target the BOM explosion to find only the data that is relevant. The data shown in a BOM explosion also depends on how the BOM application is defined. For example, a BOM application can define priorities for BOM usages.