cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IDES 6.0 consist of XI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

I have a stupid question. Does IDES 6.0 consist of XI ? I want to build up an environment of XI and SAP ECC, How and Should I do?

Thank you very much.

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Am i missing some thing here...as i know there is nothing called IDES 6.0 ,instead we have ECC 6.0 and ECC 6.0 consists entire Netweaver stack...so do XI , once you start using it SAP will charge you .

- Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I think it was obvious that he meant the IDES version of ECC 6.0 respective ERP 6.0.

To be specific, ECC is only the "ERP Central Component", hence, a part of the ERP system.

For what I know, ERP 6.0 makes use of the NetWeaver components, but apart from the Application Server, an Integration Engine etc., NetWeaver is not included in it.

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is that to say that I should install netweaver for IDES ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes.....IDES 6.0 is copatible with XI but you need to install it.

IDES 6 is the system of SAP ECC 6.0 with including the Web AS and Integration Engine.

You will not get the XI as inbuilt componenet. You need to subscribe the individual licence for NetWeaver suit and then have to install XI with underlaying this ECC 6.0.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Jul 3, 2008 6:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have ECC 6.0 installed in our office and it took around

300 GB space, and i could see Netweaver-XI and BI working , the remaining Netweaver components i dont kow how to work , but i am sure even they should be present .

- Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

Plz Don't mind but the Netweaver componenets will not come with ECC 6.0. Along with ECC 6.0, it might have installed Netweaver componenets also.

You need to subscribe the Netweaver componenet suit. for XI , BI etc Even ECC 6.0 is also included in Netweaver componenet.

But I doubt if individual ECC 6.0 will come default with XI or BI'

Thanks

swarup

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not so familiar with XI, don't know what to download. would you please give me a list to me so I can download them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Try kummari's description.

In your case:

<your solution> = SAP NetWeaver

<release of your solution> = SAP NETWEAVER --> SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 --> Installation and Upgrade --> <Operating System> --> <Database>

There, you'd need to download the files for your system. Alternatively, you could also get the DVDs from SAP, so you don't need to download all files.

The installation guides explain what's needed:

https://service.sap.com/installnw70

You should take a look at the Master Guide and the Installation Guide for your OS+DB combination.

In your case, it could also be worthwhile to go with the Rapid Installer. Here, much less configuration is required. Just select "Rapid Installer" instead of "Installation and Upgrade" right before the selection of Operating System and Database. Here, you should download the files with the newest SPS version.

Best regards,

Dennis

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you need to have a valid credentials from the company where you are working.

Go to: https://service.sap.com/swdc

Downloads--> Installations and Upgrades --> Entry by Application Group -->

<your solution> --> <release of your solution> --> <your operating system> --> <your database> .

If you download installation DVDs, note that DVDs might be split into several files. In this case, you have to reassemble the required files after the download.

Also go through the installation guide where you can see some presiquites for downloading.

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have IDES 6.0 , What else should I download from work market place . pleaes give a list, then I can download them.

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Nonsense,

SAP ERP has no XI in it.

SAP ERP (from WAS> 6.2 ) has an Integration Engine (IE) that can communicate

with SAP XI ( aka IS) naturallly.

In order to develpe interfaces and Proxies you'll need a SAP XI/PI in your landscape.

Nimrod.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IDES 6.0 doesn't consist XI in it. For netweaver suit it needs seperate licence and you need to buy it.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this URL for more SAP Product Releases:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-products#section6

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Surely IDES will not contain XI.

XI Needs separate License and Installation

REgards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Yes it consists XI

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes, in ECC 6.0 NetWeaver XI is inbuilt in it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

To be more specific, you have an Integration Engine as part of the Application Server (starting with Web AS 6.20 IIRC).

That way, it is possible to communicate with an XI system using proxies. But a complete XI (resp. PI) has to be installed separately - and should typically installed on a different system...

Best regards,

Dennis