cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Schema for Syndication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to MDM Syndication.

I am trying to export data in XML format. I guess I need XSD for that. I am not sure how do I create that XSD? Is it same as XSD I use for import?

I will appreciate your input.

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your quick response. I will try it and then close this question.

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this document shows a sample XSD file: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/792f57b7-0a01-0010-f3b6-881269136a83]

Maybe it is helpful for understanding. BR, bd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

As mentioned by Prasad, You can use Altova for customization of your xsd file. Apart from this you can also use Liquid XML editor (Freeware), Xomlite etc for the same purpose.

You need xsd file (Schema) just to tell your syndicator that in this format it has to syndicate the file. So structure of your schema completely depends on the structure in your destination remote system.

Regards,

Dheeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I would like to remind you onething before syndicating data using XSD, if you want to syndicate data in the same format of the XSD which you used to import, you can use same XSD for syndication purpose.

If you are inporting data from onse system and distributing data to another remote system in landscape then there are chances of changing data structure.

but as per SAP, we have some standard SAP IDOC's structures delivered with MDM business content like DEBMDM,CREMDM,MATMAS etc..

if you are using SAP standard XSD's you can use the same XSD to syndicate data back to Source/Remote systems in the landscape.

Even if you have XML file then you can generate XSD using Altova XML spy software.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.