cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have to develop custom screens in portal for a custom repository in MDM. I am a portals guy and have no Idea on MDM. Please give direction on where to start for creating custom screens/iviews for MDM repositories.

Thanks

SB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To establish communication between Portal and MDM you need to first deploy the SCAs mentioned above and restart the portal server.

You will get the MDM system available in the System templates. Connect to the MDM server and specify the repository(repository should be in running state).

Now you have two options to procede:

1. There are strandard MDM iViews available like Item Details for record creation, deletion and modification, Resultset iView to display the records and various Search iViews. For the entire list of iViews please see the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/45/c87d0243e56f75e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Go to Creating and Managing iViews.

Either you can customize thses iViews using EPCF eventing or

2. You can use MDM Java APIs in WebDynpro java for full customization. Refer Java doc available with the Installables that contains the classes and interfaces.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I have already deployed these SCA's and I have the business package in place. I have checked out the standard content and iview creation wizard.

Either you can customize thses iViews using EPCF eventing or

2. You can use MDM Java APIs in WebDynpro java for full customization. Refer Java doc available with the Installables that contains the classes and interfaces.

What Im more interested is in above as per your quote. The question is again: how do I customize these iViews using EPCF eventing AND how do I use MDM Java APIs in WebDynpro java for full customization.

Thanks

S.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SB,

You can start with SAP MDM Potal content delivered SAP.

Once you deploy the Portal content (.sca files) using Software Deployment Manager(SDM) in Portal server. If you want to use Standard SAP IViews you can use these, otherwise you can customize the IViews as per business requirement.

These .sca files are available in service market place, you can download using SAP OSS id.

File names are mentioned below:

1. MDMJAVAAPI06_0.sca

2. BPMDMAPPLI06_0.sca

3. BPMDMTECHN06_0.sca

4. MDM_WEB_UI_550.sca

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

RDNPrasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RDNPrasad,

I have deployed these 3 below,

1. MDMJAVAAPI06_0.sca

2. BPMDMAPPLI06_0.sca

3. BPMDMTECHN06_0.sca

But can you help me with understanding what the 4th SDA ( i.e -> 4. MDM_WEB_UI_550.sca ) for and where do I get it?

Thanks S.B