cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to renew licenses for SAP Netweaver 2004 Linux Testdrive?

michael_martin4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

When going through the standard procedure to renew my 90-day license key for my NW04 Linux Testdrive, I found that SystemID "NW4 - SAP Netweaver 2004" no longer appears on the pulldown menu on the license key request form. Is it no longer possible to get a license key for this evaluation software?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

same problem for me. Windows ABAP System with SID NSP isn't in the list any more.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the license requests are working again.

Best Regards,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Klaus Keller,

Im still having problems with the Renew License for "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version - SP14SR3" and "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version - SP12" for Windows.

Im getting the error msg :

"This system's system number is "000000000310714511", but there is a license key for system number "000000000310994500" in the license key file."

As this thread is answered, im keeping the thread [Renew License Problem - Option NSP and J2E (7.0) Windows Not Available|; open with more details.

Best Regards,

Walmir Catunda.

"RESOLVED. See thread abopve; Post: Jul 11, 2008 9:48 AM"

Edited by: Walmir Catunda on Jul 15, 2008 1:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hy, again no licenses for NSP available. Do you have information about it?

with best regards

dominik

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ..

two weeks ago, i've installed the SAP Netweaver 2004s Linux Testdrive to have a TESTSAPSYSTEM.

Now i've changed my NIC and want to renew the license for the N4S system.

Is there any chance to get a new lisence?

Thanks for any reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hannes,

Do you have any update on the license keys for the N4S system?

Thanks

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if there are any news, I'll post them in the sticky thread on top of this forum. No news so far.

Regards,

Hannes

jasonmuzzy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Here's news I think: [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ce-downloads?rid=/webcontent/uuid/0028dd07-2c3c-2b10-3da0-9056be561551]. Looks like SAP is considering pulling the plug on renewable licenses for test drives.

If somebody out there has been somehow misusing these test drive versions for productive use -- shame on you! You ruined it for the whole community.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this might be SAP's way to try and drum up more business for the subscription program. I for one got good use out of these test drives (they were great for learning new stuff before trying it in our real systems), but I'm not an independent consultant and therefore can't justify paying any price for a subscription. I'm pretty sure our license will allow us to install as many dev/test systems as we want, but I really appreciated how the test drives were tuned to run on desktop grade hardware.

I hope SAP will think long and hard on this and come up with a way that legitimate users can keep their test drives up and running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if the license requests are working? I just checked the same website I usually do and it doesn't have NW04 listed (for SAP NETWEAVER 04 6.4). Is there another webpage or link I can go to to get a 90-day license? Thanks!

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin,

NW4 is already outdated. Please use the N4S Testdrive instead. License renewal for N4S is still available.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will do. Besides N4S, what else do you recommend as far as newer SAP test drive systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hannes,

since NW4 is not supported any longer it consequently should be removed from the download area

[NetWeaver Downloads|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-downloads]

respectively

[NW 2004 Testdrive on Linux|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b086a198-5d8f-2910-b1b2-89edcd28f66e]

Or, which I guess the community would prefer, continue the NW4 evaluation license program for training purposes in private use.

Best regards,

Torsten.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Torsten,

I'm trying my best to convince the colleagues to fix this, but even until now, NW4 is still available

Hannes

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i certainly face the same problem. I actually plan a university course starting from 1st of Octobre to end of March with the topic of programming SAP Systems. Unfortunately, the university does not provide me with 64bit hardware. Therefore i think i'm forced to use the NW4 Testdrive.

Will there be any way to get a license still?

Greetings

/Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed the CTB system but there is no possibility to create a license on the minisap-page for this system-id. Only LNX and MBS are supported.

What's the strategy at SAP concerning the test-drives?

Regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have also installed the CTB system and can't license it - the option does not appear in the System ID dropdown box.

Has it been withdrawn? If so what would you recommend as a replacement.

Thanks

Mark.

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

use the N4S or wait for one or two months for the new version to be released (NW 7.0 EhP1).

Thanks,

Hannes

michael_martin4
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Much appreciated... thanks!

hannes_kuehnemund
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Michael,

I'll ask my colleagues what's going wrong here. I keep you updated.

Thanks,

Hannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there. I also have the same problem. I hope it's solved soon, because this version (NSP) is the only one that I can install on my system, and running!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Same problem, but for Windows :

- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version - SP14SR3 - (J2E)

- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version - SP12 - (NSP)

It expires in ~ 8 days

Thread: [Renew License Problem - Option NSP and J2E (7.0) Windows Not Available - Posted: Jul 1, 2008 1:43 PM |;

Thanks for your help Mr. Hannes Kuehnemund