Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programmatic add/remove of Account Assignmet between cProjects and WBS's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am very new to cProjects, and I have recently been assigned following task:

I have to interogate a cProject Structure (BAPI_BUS2172 , BAPI_BUS2173, BAPI_BUS2175 etc.) and determine the tasks of a certain type. The account assigned WBS elements that correspond to these tasks in PS (Account assignment has been switched on) then have to be deleted, and replaced with billing milestones.

I have tried BAPI_BUS2054_DELETE_MULTI to delete them ,but the error log says that the status of the WBS element does not allow this (Still linked to the cProject task)

Can anyone provide ANY function modules/programs that can remove the account assignment, so that I can perform the tasks above?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Even If I have to do a direct Database update. It is very urgent.

Thank you in advance

Johan Kriek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neill,

Thank you once again for the quick response.

I had set the status to "Flag for Transfer" and the WBS elements where created in the R/3 system. You are right, I cannot delete them, unless I switch to manual assignment. The problem is, certain elements where created as WBS elements, instead of Billing Milestones, which is what our client requires. Is there a BADI that is called upon transfer to the R/3 System that I can call to achieve the required functionality?

Thank you in advance,

Johan Kriek,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niel,

Additionally, the current status is created transferred, assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

I am afraid that only WBS elements can be linked to the cProjects tasks, at least in cProjects 4.0

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

As a first step, double check that the Tasks that you are trying to delete the assignment are in status Created

Does not seem an error on the bapi used, but on the data...

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

Thank you for your reply. The status of the elements are already in status transfered. How would I programmatically reset the status to created?

Thanks in advance

Johan Kriek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

You can have several statuses in paralell asociated to a project element. The system flow related to the element would be Created - Released - Completed.

But when you define the accounting integration, a new paralell status is used, Transferred. That means the status of the element can be Created/Transferred, Released/Transferred, Completed/Transferred.

If the status is Released/Transferred the system does not allow the deletion of the assignment. To see if that is your problem try to delete an object which status is Created/Transferred. If it works, you are using the right function.

Hope this helps.

Neil