cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JAVA_HOME value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I'm trying to install an SAP Solution Manager 7 SR 4 system on Windows 32 bit with MSSQL.

When i run the Prerequisites Checker i get the folowing message:

condition: JAVA_HOME

Result Code: Could not check

Severity: HIGH

Message: It is not recomennded to use JDK version 1.4.2_10. Current version: JAVA_HOME not available. See also SAP Note 867110 (updated 2006-06-12)

On my system i've installed: j2sdk1.4.2_16 in directory C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16

JAVA_HOME variable has the variable value: C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16

SAPINST_JRE_HOME has the value: C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16

If my installation directory for j2sdk1.4.2_16 is C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16 what values should the 2 variables have?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I'm trying to install an SAP Solution Manager 7 SR 4 system on Windows 32 bit with MSSQL.

That combination is no (no more) supported. You need to use a 64bit platform. The prerequisite checker will run but you won't find an entry in the sapinst tool for the database installation under 32bit.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the mistake

In the system the value for JAVA_HOME is C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16

and for SAPINST_JRE_HOME is C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16

And the problem is with this values.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See also note 1145779 - SAP Solution Manager 7.0 Installation

<...>

As of SAP Solution Manager 7.0 you can only install dialog instances on 32-bit platforms. All remaining SAP system instances (central instance, database instance, central services instance (SCS), ABAP central services instance (ASCS)) you can only install on 64-bit platforms. Therefore the folder "SAP Systems" is not available on the "Welcome screen", when you start the installation from a installation master DVD for 32-bit.

<...>

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I tried with SAP SOL MAN SR 3 that works on 32 bit platforms but i still have the problem with JAVA_HOME.

I set the variable to the directory where java is installed but the prereq checker reports a problem with JAVA_HOME.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can install Solman 4.0 SR3 on 32 bit platform but after installing you need to upgrade support package

as per SAP Note 781448

Try to add following value under environment variable of system account

JAVA_HOME -> c:\1.4.2_16

edit path variable

path -> C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin;....and so on

after that run setup if still not working then restart the OS.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've set the variable JAVA_HOME to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin

I've restarted the OS but i still have the same problem.

If i try with a master dvd from sr1 version the preq cheker reports that everything is ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

JAVA_HOME should be C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16

and path = C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin

run sapinst.exe and start to install solution manager, it's also check the prerequisites.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I've set

JAVA_HOME to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16

and

CLASSPATH to C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin

But i think that problems comes from DEVELOPER WORKPLACE because if i check without it everything is ok.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what exactly you want to install?

Installation of solution manager 4.0 SR4 is not possible on 32 bit windows server.

if you are going to Install Solution Manage SR3 on windows 32 bit then start the installation.

forgot the prerequisites result.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is windows o/s right? Then I think that you should use the \ instead of /

The variables should have values: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16

Not: C:/j2sdk1.4.2_16

Yes, some SAP cmd/bat/script files will list these ast "/", but the environment variables should have value C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16