cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICWC vs Solution Manager Service Desk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Does know here knows the difference between CRM Interaction Center WebClient (ICWC) vs Solution Manager Service desk?

Solution Manager service desk is also part of part of CRM? can we tie the ICWC and Solution Manager Service desk together, so we get more options in terms of Service Desk? or ICWC is separate module of CRM, we have to configure this separately? Can you please also tell me if ICWC can be used as Service Desk? from the screen shot I have seen, it has whole list of options that we needed for a Service Desk?

Can someone please tell me the difference?

Thanks in Advance

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Service Desk: This process lets your internal customers, users or reporters create problem messages directly from a transaction. Your users or reporters can contact their Service Desk easily in this way. You can organize the internal service desk in several support units.

The processor of the problem in the Service Desk can enter symptoms in an internal solution database, and search for solutions. He can also search for SAP notes in the SAP Service Marketplace. If the processor does not find a problem solution, he can forward the problem message to subsequent support units, or to SAP Support, and monitor the progress of processing in the Service Desk.

Prerequisites

You have configured the Service Desk with the Solution Manager configuration guide.

You have set-up the criteria according to which an incoming support message is assigned to a support unit, e.g. priority, category, region of reporter, in Service Desk customizing. By default, the system assigns the support message to the support unit for its SAP component. For further information, see SAP Hinweis 616946.

You have authorization for your Service Desk tasks.

Process

The customer, user or main user creates a support message in one of the following ways:

in an SAP system via Help -> Create Support Message in the menu of a transaction

In a web browser, independently of an SAP system.

In the Messages or Service Desk -> Messages tab in the Solution Manager system (SOLUTION_MANAGER)

The system automatically gets the system data for the support message.

The support message arrives in your Service Desk.

The system automatically assigns the support message to the appropriate support level, e.g. by SAP component, priority or support message category.

The system automatically gets the associated business partner, e.g. requester, key user, support team.

The system creates a service process in the SAP Solution Manager.

If you have customized accordingly, the system checks whether contracts have already been made for the installation and requester. Such a contract can, e.g. contain a Service Level Agreement (SLA), which specifies the conditions of performance of specified customer services, e.g. within a specified time

If a contract is found, choose the appropriate contract item, e.g. Support, Consulting or Development.

A member of the support unit responsible enters himself as the processor in the support message.

You search for a solution for the problem described by the customer and use the customer solution database for the search.

If you do not find a solution in your customer solution database, search for SAP notes in the SAP Service Marketplace.

If you find an appropriate SAP note, assign it to your support message. You can import and test SAP notes with code corrections, directly into your development or test system, with the SAP Note Assistant. After testing, transport the changes into your quality assurance or production system. You can discard unwanted changes with the SAP Note Assistant.

If you do not find a solution in the SAP Service Marketplace, put an internal note with the measures you have taken to find a solution, in the customer message, and forward it to subsequent support units, if required.

If the problem can also not be solved in the subsequent support unit, enter an Information for SAP, with attachments, in the problem message, and send it to SAP Support (SAP Support Portal).

SAP Support processes the message and sends it back to you with a proposed solution or a further question, and an updated status.

You can monitor the status of the support message in your Service Desk.

The person responsible in your internal support organization, e.g. the Customer Competence Center, tests and evaluates the proposed solution.

Your internal support organization staff deliver the solution to the problem reporter, along one of the available communication paths.

The problem reporter tests and confirms the solution.

The Service Desk member closes the message and formats the solution found, for the internal solution database, if appropriate, to make it available to other Service Desk staff.

============================================

ICWC: It is used to create or process messages in the SAP Solution Manager Service Desk, via a web interface. A key user can, e.g. create messages with the WebClient Interaction Center, without having to have a local SAP Solution Manager system.

Integration: You can also process all messages sent via the WebClient Interaction Center further, in the standard Service Desk interface.

Prerequisites: You have made the required Service Desk settings in the SAP Solution Manager IMG.

(ii)You have the required authorization for the Service Desk.

Activities:(i) Call the Web Client Interaction Center via the URL provided by your system administrator in the transaction CRM_IC in the SAP Solution Manager system

(ii) Logon to the WebClient Interaction Center:

(iii) Enter and confirm your Account.If the system does not automatically display the product to which your account is assigned, specify the Product.

(iv) Confirm the product

(v) Create Messages.

(vi) Process Messages.

So in a nutshell u can say that ICWC is nothing but a way to access service desk through web bowser independant of SAP Solman system.

I hope this makes thing clear. Please assign points and let me know if u need anything specific.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Manish, and I have rearward you with points.

my concern would be this, looks like there is two version of IC WebClient.

1) CRM based IC Webclient, which has full functionality of CRM Intraction Center for Telemarketing, Call Center, telesales, service ticket, and etc

2) Solution Manager CRM IC WebClient, has only the service desk, so users can do the work through Web instead of Frontend GUI version.

Can please tell me if I am thinking this correct?

I also want to know if CRM has it own IT Help Desk Functionality?

Do you have any docs on setting up the IC WebClient?

Any help would be much much appericated.

Thanks

Kumar