Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Parameters for Pasword expiry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to setup the password expiry to 90 days in SAP Producation System, I am aware of the parameters for the same. But i have a situation like i dont want to set password expiry for some user ids like SAP*, DDIC, my Id, SAP_ALL ids etc

Pls let me know if there is any parameter for the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to Julius and Alex....

How often do we use SAP* and DDIC? I dont think it would be regular within the span of 90 days. Apart from what SAP reccomends, many companies follow the policy of periodically changing the password of the super users. Assignment of SAP_ALL to dialog Tech users would be Chirstmas

Like Julius and Alex reccomend...... keep the policies uniform. Password Frenzy situations can be dealt with other solutions.

Thank you

Abhishek

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moved to security forum...

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no parameter for this, sorry.

Actually, I am not really all that sorry, because this is actually not a very good idea.

If the problem relates to basis people having to remember too many passwords for too many systems / clients, then search this forum for the word "vault" as there is a recent thread discussing this.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi ,

> I need to setup the password expiry to 90 days in SAP Producation System, I am aware of the parameters for the same. But i have a situation like i dont want to set password expiry for some user ids like SAP*, DDIC, my Id, SAP_ALL ids etc

>

> Pls let me know if there is any parameter for the same

Certain user types don't force a periodic password reset, the most common one (and the one you should have for any ID's with SAP_ALL) is a system user type.

As a dialog user, why would you want to compromise your security by not applying the same standards to your ID as you would an end user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding to Julius and Alex....

How often do we use SAP* and DDIC? I dont think it would be regular within the span of 90 days. Apart from what SAP reccomends, many companies follow the policy of periodically changing the password of the super users. Assignment of SAP_ALL to dialog Tech users would be Chirstmas

Like Julius and Alex reccomend...... keep the policies uniform. Password Frenzy situations can be dealt with other solutions.

Thank you

Abhishek