cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Limitation for Uploading Document on DMS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our user need to upload more than 150.000 documents to DMS ..

Is there any limitation on mass uploading process (e.g. max size/upload or max number of documents/upload, etc) ?

Thanks and regards,

Hery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no limit but use document part functionality or classificaTION FOR BETTER SEARCH

Former Member
0 Kudos

No limit but I'd suggest you limit upload batches to 5000-10000 documents per upload maximum depending on files sizes. If you are using change masters, change the upload change masters every 1000 documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and suggestion,

anyway, If using content server, your suggestion to limit 5000-10000 document upload per-batch is based on what?

Thanks and regards,

Hery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trial and error. Uploads were easier to manage on smaller batches because of failure and error handling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no restriction for data uploading in dms,use content server (KPRO) for data uploading.

it will reduce the size of doc by 50%.

regards,

nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hery,

In DMS, storage is posible in two ways,

1) SAP Database, Vault or Archieve

2) Content Server thru Content Server n Cache Server.

If you use the 1st option then there are limitations in all the ways as attachment of limited files, attachment of only two additional files and so on..

If you use 2nd option, i.e use of Content Server thru KPRO then the primary benefit is Storage of Files, there is no limitation for storage of files in Content Server, also the n number of attachment of addn files is posible.

If the volume of attachment is huge then u need to have proper sizing of content server keeping in mind for future storage.

Thank You,

Manoj

Pl reward if useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no limit, but main thing is that your database have been that much size.

If database is with same SAP system Database then it will effect the performance of SAP system if document are in large number.

For this problem we have a solution that we can use content Server, we have the option for increase/add datafiles as per requirement.

Regards,

Gokul Chandola

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think there is any limitation in uploading Documents in DMS.

But you can limit the size of the individual document while defining document type in SPRO

If you are going to use KPRO (Content server) then the no of attachments in DIR is limit less. But other than KPRO, i think no of attachments in DIR is restricted to 2 only.