cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using same BS name in all XI env.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I need advice to manage XI software logistics. I have 3 XI environments. I used to do export and import IR objects and configure my scenarios manually.

Now I am thinking to take export of my configuration objects to save my time. I have to use same Business System names in all XI environments to achieve this. I am giving some generic name for BS and taking export of BS and importing on other environments. I do changes techical system accordingly.

My 3 XI envronments connects to different SAP systems.

Do you see anything wrong here. is there any restriction like i have to use BS name as logical system name which is unique in landscape. SAP naming convention says to use BS as logical system. Is it mandatory.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you all. I am trying to follow the approach suggested by you. I have PI70, to make tranport of my XI ID and IR objects, Can i use CMS/FTP, is CMS/FTP comes by default with PI70.

I have 3 SLDs for DEV, QA and PRD. Hope i need to make SLD bridge for master SLD. I think SLD bridge do transport all the data like prds,swc,TS and BS info. I am not sure..

Then I have to create tranport groups for DEV, QA, PRD in master SLD.

For XI, do i need to create a group for XI DEV, XI QA, XI PRD.

Do i need to add these as java systems...since my target is transport ID and IR objects..

please suggest..

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I do changes techical system accordingly.

Lets say you run into some issue in QA or Prd and you need to back transport the object to Dev,make the changes and move it to QA and Prd again.

In this case some of your interfaces will be in QA and will require the Business system(and hence underlying technical system) to connect to SAP R/3 QA whereas some interaface will be in Dev and will requires the same Business system(and hence underlying technical system) to connect to SAP R/3 Dev.This will give you issues.

Hence the best approach will be to have different business system names for Dev,QA and Prd.

If you want to reduce your work,then define Business service instead of Business system,but this will not work for IDOC or Proxy,will only work for File,SOAP,JMS,JDBC etc

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Machael,

Thank you very much. Great to hear this info.

How Can I utilse your solution if i have multiple SLD.

All my XI uses their own SLDs. That is the reason i thought to use same Business System names to avoid config in ID.

I heard about SLD bridge to get SLD data from one SLD to another. But i never done it so. Is it possible to make prod SLD as master and get QA and DEV SLd data to Prod SLD.

so that I can use differnt BS and avoid configuration in ID.

Is this available with SP13. Is it NW devlopement platform required to use CMS.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't understant why you need to have the same BS in your three XI environment.

Imagine that your 3 XI environments are: DEV, QUA, PRD,

you can define in your SLD : BS_legacy_DEV, BS_Legacy_QUA, BS_Legacy_PRD in order to distinguish them in your Landscape.

Always in SLD you create a Group (like a group of transport). By this way, during the transport your config (ID) will be automatically created with the good BS. You have just to finish to fill the Communication Channel, coz after transport XI delete parameter "IP adrress and folder".

BS_Legacy_DEV --> BS_Legacy_QUA (done automatically with transport DEV -> QUA)

BS_Legacy_QUA --> BS_Legacy_PRD (done automatically with transport QUA -> PRD)

Regards.

Mickael

Exactly, in SLD, open your Business System, look at the tab "Transport" and you can associate your "Group" between Source (e.g DEV) and target (e.g QUA).

Edited by: Mickael Huchet on Jul 1, 2008 4:21 PM