cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy SCCL) of profile: SAP_USER from client 000 to 001

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a new user in client 000 and wanted to distribute that new user to Client 001. so instead of doing a Transport i have done a client copy.

I have done a Local client copy of a Profile:SAP_USER using SCCL from Source client(000) to Target client(001).

Now only the users SAP*, DDIC and the new user are available in target client 001, rest of the user master data has been over written.

Is there a way to restore the client 001 back to original state?

Note: I dont have any Backup created as it is a newly installed system.

My system configuration is ( ECC 6.0 , EP, XI on Windows XP Prof with oracle 10g).

Guys , Please help me with options to get back the client 001 instead of doing a fresh install...

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Murali Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

you have mentioned that u have selected only sap_user profile. so only the users of 000 will get copied to 001. no worries

what u missed in 001 are the java users. i.e SAPJSF, SAP_GUEST, SAP_J2EE.

you should have this users in 001 client as they are mandatory users for accessing the java applications.

Solution : create java users in 001

Cheers,

Mahesh

former_member1351727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There two things that has happened which are non SAP standard.

One using client 000.

And other is using client 001.

Both these client are not for customer activity.

Usually SAP recommends to create a fresh client with copy of these client and use them for the customer activity.

Anyway coming back to your case ..

As you do not have a backup we can not restore what ever is overwritten.

But as per the description given I understand that this is a fresh installation so you will not have any extra users in client 001 either.

The default users that is sap* and DDIC will be there in client 000 and 001.

So now also you have the same with one extra user.Then I feel you do not have to worry.

If you remember that you happened to observe that it has some extra users then we need to worry about those users.

As of now I do not see a way to get the data (if it is there in client 001).

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a specific reason you are doing this in client 001? That's usually one of the two clients reserved for use by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

there is no specific reason.i accidentally did it.