cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of transferring the confguration documentation to Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team / Experts,

Could any one please let me know What is the "process of transferring the confguration documentation to Solution Manager" as we got some requirement to implement for one of my Client.

However,i would need some aditional information like

1)what does it mean by transferring documents exactly?

2) what kind of documentation do we tranfer generally while implementation?

3) what are the prerequisites ?

Please share any Configuration docs and real time implementation process,known issues & suggessions are rellay welcome.

Many Thanks,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

If you don't mind my asking - where did you get the term 'transferring configuration documentation'; just curious to know if it's used in any URL or PDF file.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such process as 'transferring' documents from Satellite Systems into SolMan.

The terms often used are - creating or assigning the structure, uploading documents etc.

The only aspect of 'importing' and then activating is used in the context of BC Sets; [this link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/de/50e848f5f311d5997000508b6b8b11/content.htm] in Online Help provides some infromation. If you already know this, kindly ignore.

In terms of config documentation, there are mainly three things that I can recall:

(1) If you used Business Process Repository (BPR) as the basis for defining your Blueprint structure, by inheriting the predefined content in SOLAR01, sometimes (especially in areas like CRM, SRM etc.) any predelivered content from SAP may appear as 'Configuration Guide' in General Documentation tab. You can search for such occurences in SOLAR_EVAL by selecting the appropriate report and filters

(2) You can upload your own 'Config Notes' or documents in SOLAR02, Configuration Tab by choosing documents. All such documents get included in the generation of 'Config Guide' that you may optionally create from SOLAR02

(3) When you access configuration (SPRO) in Satellite Systems' Project IMG from 'Configuration' tab in SOLAR02, you would have the facility to create your Configuration Documentation in those respective nodes right in those Satellite Systems.

Sorry if my reply has caused more confusion than it helped solve

Regards,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the information.

Basically i do not have any knowledge on solution manager. i got a query from one of my client that they need to transfer the configuration documents to solution manager.

I will go through the information which you provided me and let you know if i need any help.

Best Regards,

Vinod

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Information ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

All configuration documentation is Solution Manager is attached to the relevant business process(es)/process steps. I do not know of any method to automatically upload documentation into Solution Manager and any such process would be complicated as you would need to know which process/process step to attach each individual document to. So a manual process as described above using the transactions SOLAR01 and SOLAR02 to upload individual documents under the correct business processes/process steps seems like the most sensible approach to me.