cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Documents output by email - external send

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to configure output determination for sending Order Confirmations, delivery documents and Billing documents by Simple mail(SAP office) and also External mail addresses of customers. I could do the same for Simple mail but am stuck up with External mail. Can somebody please list the steps to distribute output documents to external mail.I am also confused what role SCOT has got to play in setting up this output medium.

Also, I want to test the same in IDES system before developing it in our development server. Is it possible to do it in IDES ?

Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can configure it in IDES, try following steps

Go to NACE

- Select EF and click on OUTPUT TYPES.

- Then select Output Type NEU and click on processing routines

- In that you have to add a new entry - medium 5

- Then you need to assign a program, form routine and form.

- You can use the standard program i.e. SAPFM06P, FORM routine is always ENTRY_NEU and standard MEDRUCK.

- Then in PARTNER FUNCTION you need to add a new entry: medium - 5 and function - VN

- For subject of the mail go to Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN &

- Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols give program as SAPMM06E and Form Routine as

TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE

- Now the subject will be PO No. xxxxxxxxx.

- You need to maintain your email id in tcode SU01 and also the vendor's email id. - Now while creating a new purchase order change the medium to External Send

- Then go to Communication Method and select CS01 ALSO make sure that the Cover Page Text has value PO No. &EKKO-EBELN&

- Go to tcode ME9F

- Execute.

- Select the checkbox and click on Output Message.

- You will get a message MAII 00000000000001 generated

Hope this will help.

Reward Point if helpful.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This was good. I took a cue from it and customized for sales orders. But I want to confirm by recieving the actual mail in the recievers outlook. Can I do that with IDES ? At present all my output logs show that a mail has been generated.

Also, how do I reward points. I checked all the options but could not find how to.

Regards,

Vidya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just below the contributors name you would have three radio buttons - Answered question, very helpful answer, helpful answer. Each category has points.

You could select any of the options to reward the contributor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I am trying to configure for Simple Mail & External Send. But there is an error it comes. Can you please let me know step by step procedure for the configuration of simple mail & external send.

Reg,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Can you tell me what error are you getting.

Regards,

Vidya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

I get the following error when I check the processing log of the output

"No address exists"

"Error while copying recipient object"

"Specify at least one recipient"

can you telll me which processing program & form routine you are using. Are you giving any Z PDF/Smartform Form in the output type?

Regards,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

KK

This Error message your getting B cos the system looking for the FROM m-a i l id ...

so give your m-a-i-l ID IN THE CONDITON TYPE ....

regards

Raja

cedillof
Participant
0 Kudos

How can I set a similar document number &EKKO-EBELN& for the sales documents for example contract number.??