Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization object for material division

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there an authorization object in SAP that can be used to restrict a user from seeing all materials in SAP, meaning when a user goes to MM03, the user will only see certain materials with a different division than the others?

Thanks

Anne

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

I'm not sure what you mean by division......you can restrict access to display materials in a few ways.

If you have materials assigned to company codes & don't want people to see material data for different comp codes then you can use M_MATE_BUK

You can also group Materials into Types (by putting auth group into a material). In that case, you can use M_MATE_MAR to control access to these types. As you have control over what auth groups are assigned to what materials, you can group them in a way which reflects how you want to restrict them.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

thanks for your answer!

The materials I would like to restrict have the same company code and the same material type as other materials, so I cannot use these 2 criteria to restrict the authorization for viewing these materials.

The only thing that's different would be the storage location, the division, the material group and the profit center.

But I cannot find an authorization object for those criteria.

thanks

Anne

0 Kudos

Hi

You can also restrict on object M_MATE_STA

status field

hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

As far as I'm aware there are no other alternative objects checked. You might be able to do something with classifications (there might be something in the search) but I've not looked into that.

Another alternative is to use a user exit or enhancement point to put in additional validation on the selection screen