Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Performance Experience

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello MII expert,

Our customer would like to handle 2,000,000 counts data through XML format in MII 12.0. That means 24 data counts per second. Each data length is not big, c.f. less than 1K. Has any of you experienced data integration performance testing in MII with large number of data?

Any feedback of actual performance testing is highly welcomed, because they are comparing Websphere performance and SAP WAS performance, and they feel that Websphere is somewhat better..

Shiroh Kinoshita, SAP Japan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kinoshita-san:

A few questions:

What will you be doing with the data?

Will there be extensive processing required?

Where is the data coming from? Via what interface?

Will the data be received/polled in a steady stream or will it arrive in "bursts"?

Rick

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rick,

Thanks for your help.

- What will you be doing with the data?

- Will there be extensive processing required?

by reading data type, 1/4 of the data will be posted to SAP ERP Production Oder as a actual. Otherwise ignored.

- Where is the data coming from? Via what interface?

The data come from CIM(Process Control) and XML interface.

- Will the data be received/polled in a steady stream or will it arrive in "bursts"?

It is received/polled in a steady stream.

Testing with Other than the above conditions would be of help.

Sincerely, Shiroh Kinoshita - SAP Japan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are they looking at SAP WAS instead of JCo or JRA?

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, that is just because they have enough WAS knowledge, but it is not sufficient about JCO and JRA. Any of your performance experience is welcomed.

Shiroh Kinoshita, SAP Japan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This thread addresses the differences. Take a look and see if it helps.

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

In any scenario, you'll want to have separate tasks for "receiving" and "processing" the production order confirmations. The inbound task should put them in a queue or a database table, and the outbound task should read them from the queue/table, parse the content, and issue the JCO/JRA call. I would also suggest creating a simple "monitor" display that shows what is currently in the queue (this would, of course, be easier if you used a database table as the queue).

Rick

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just in case, I was not clear, for their comparison, they should definitely use JCo/JRA instead of WAS. There will be a substantial performance improvement. Sorry if I didn't make that clear before. SAP WAS is not a best practice.

Regards,

Mike

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rick

Thanks for your answer. Maybe we should do as you mentioned. Let us try.

SIncerely,

former_member182065
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Mike, thank you for your answer. as I did not recognize the differences, it was informative.

Sincerley,