cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax Adapter for SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can any guide tell us whether there is any 3rd Party Adapter or sap standard adpater in SAP XI which support Fax Interface with SAP CRM System.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ajay..I think you can send fax by configuring SAP Connect.Check out .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

To my understanding we dont need any Fax Software ( For example : Ferrari Fax to SAP) to direct the Output documents triggered by SAPConnect to the FAX machine when we are using options like Mail Adapter or conversion Agent.

Regards

Ajay

Homiar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

There are several options available like Mail adapter.

SAP NetWeaver (NW2004s) also comes with a technology called Conversion Agent. This is used to transform data b/w any unstructured/semi-structured data format into XML (in your case, Fax data stream).

Lookup OSS# 894815.

Also check the blog ...

/people/paul.medaille/blog/2005/11/17/more-on-the-sap-conversion-agent-by-itemfield

When using Conversion Agent in XI, you have to remember that <i>Conversions are called from an AF module in the communication channel; but it does not replace or supplant any of the existing adapters, either from SAP or the partner ecosystem</i>. It is to be used in conjunction with an existing adapter.

Regards,

Homiar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i know there is no such thing as a fax adapter.

offcourse you can try to use the mail adapter of XI and the fax but this sounds like a mass...send a mail from outlook to the mailadapter and to the fax machine as well....

You can try to create a file whenever a fax is send

and maybe use the functionality of the ItemField adapter

to pars the document to XML (pdf,doc and many more... 40 formats)

Regards

Nimrod