cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading WebAS 6.3 to 6.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to upgrade my WAS 6.3 (patch Level 84868.311) to WAS 6.4 version. This is WAS with MS SQL Server combination. Please can anybody help me in getting exact download location for this upgrade installable.

Thanks

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200748
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KP

WAS 6.30 gets upgraded to 6.40 with the application of SP4. You can download the files for SP4 from the service marketplace.

Here's where you will find the files.

1. Under http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER04 -> Entry by Component ->Application Server Java -> SAP J2EE Engine 6.40 -> OS Independent

J2EERT04_0-10001982.SAR

2. Under http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER04 -> Entry by Component ->Application Server Java -> SAP J2EE Engine 6.40 -> Windows Server on IA32 32 bit

1. CTRLMSS04_0-20000118.SAR

2. J2EERTOS04_0-20000118.SAR

3. SAPINST04_0-20000118.SAR

After downloading them you need to extract these files to get the executable file. To achieve this make use of the SAPCAR utility (again available on the marketplace).

Now put all your SAR files in one folder. Go to command prompt and type the following.

SAPCAR -xvf *.SAR

You will now be able to view the executable file for installing SP4.

Hope that helped

Best Regards

Priya

P.S: Rewarding points for helpful answers is SDN's way of saying "Thank You!"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But i am facing different issue while installing the service pack. Following is the error

MUT-01014 Call of SDM API autoupdate ends with error code 4. Log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir/SDMautoupdate.log, log file content: \n SpecVersion of new SDM is older than installed SDM:E:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/programProcessing error. Return code: 4

Do i need to download SDM as well.

Thanks

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

But i am facing different issue while installing the service pack. Following is the error

MUT-01014 Call of SDM API autoupdate ends with error code 4. Log file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir/SDMautoupdate.log, log file content: \n SpecVersion of new SDM is older than installed SDM:E:\usr\sap/J2E/JC00/SDM/programProcessing error. Return code: 4

Do i need to download SDM as well.

Thanks

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing installables location.

But i am facing problem while installing, it is throwing following error,

Do i need to download new version of SDM to fix this.

Thanks

KP