cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS configuration windows and unix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear guru,

We had a two system landscape.Dev system in windows and prd system in unix.

We are configuring the STMS . We take domain controller in prd system.The common transport Directory in Prd system that will map to dev system .There is a error messge, the dev system cannot access the bin(profiles) and .cfg files.

Kindly provide the solution.

regards

guna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are configuring the STMS . We take domain controller in prd system.The common transport Directory in Prd system that will map to dev system .There is a error messge, the dev system cannot access the bin(profiles) and .cfg files.

can the other system access the shared directories? did you create the user and set the permissions?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We configured the samba services for the dev system only,not all the system.The user privilage and permisson also given.

Till we face that problem.

regards

guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you set up samba/CIFS on the Unix machine and you mapped the windows drive, correct? If yes,

- what security method do you use in samba (share, user, server, domain)?

- did you create a Unix user on the system and mapped it to the "windows" user?

- is the created unix user in the same group to access /usr/sap/trans?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I created a samba/CIFS.

The security levels is share .I created a same user in windows system with permisson <sid>adm user privilages.

In the Unix system acess is working fine.but windows the file system is not acess by the TMSadm user.

when the stms configuration the profile file will be access by the tmsadm and write in the profiles (/bin).that process not done by the windows server.

guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The security levels is share .I created a same user in windows system with permisson <sid>adm user privilages.

created a user in the windows system? You should create it on the Unix side if the files reside there... I´m confused.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i created in the unix system also.

guna

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the created Unix user in the same group on the Unix system (sapsys)? What are the permissions on /usr/sap/trans and which umask does this user have?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user had a same gid and uid.the trans directory have the umask is 777.

guna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We fix the problem.We mount the Windows directory to Unix system and configured the system .

guna

Answers (0)