cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call custom themes for Web Dynpro ABAP Application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to change the appearance of Web Dynpro ABAP application. So far I followed below steps,

1. Created theme folder u2018testngou2019 (SE80->MIME Repositoty -> SAP->PUBLIC->BC->UR->nw5->themes -> u2018testngou2019 ).

2. used program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to dowmloaod content of u2018sap_tradeshowu2019 (SE80->MIME Repositoty -> SAP->PUBLIC->BC->UR->nw5->themes -> sap_tradeshowu2019) to desktop.

3. Modified the themes using Eclipse Theme Editor.

4. used program BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to upload modified themes to MIME repository u2018testngou2019 (SE80->MIME Repositoty -> SAP->PUBLIC->BC->UR->nw5->themes -> u2018testngou2019) .

My current URL is like http://server.name:XXXX/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_startpage_int_cand?sap-client=XXX.

Now I want to know how custom themes called for Web Dynpro ABAP Application.

Is my approach correct?

...Naddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

add the following to your URL:

application?sap-client=client;sap-language=langu&sap-ep-themeroot=pathtotheme

Please avoid sending e-mails in order to inform about message. There are more than enough participants in this forum.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can also avoid using URL parameter by directly embedding the parameter into the Web Dynpro application definition itself:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/7b/fb57412df8091de10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still i'm having problem. I exported file from Eclipse Theme Editior. Should i unzip the portal file in main zip file and upload it to MIME repository or upload the main zip file?

...Naddy

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naddy,

What you used is one way and even I failed when tried that method,

Instead go to SE38 - WD_THEMES - and you need to upload the zip file and you need to follow a folder structure.

it is case sensitive, atleast the zip file.

Make a zip file by name "Project.zip" -

Create a Folder Project and have the below folder structure,

1 data - all the properties files and also the designinfo file, below is the code

2 themes - (to get all the files download the theme from portal and you will have all the folders)

2.1 ur

2.1.1 name of the theme

2.1.1.1 common

2.1.1.2 csf

2.1.1.3 r

2.1.1.4 ur - all the css files (would be good if you can get the files from the server.)

2.1.1.5 WSRP

3 war - empty folder

*.designinfo

#

isVisible=true

version=7.0.14.1.0

isDefault=false

isSapDesign=false

designName=**** name of the theme

Once done create a zip file and click on Start Import and give the path and will ask for transport request, it will take a while to upload once done as mentioned in the use the parameter sap-ep-themeroot="path"

This will resolve the issue.

Cheers-

Pramod

reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Would you please give me the sample folder to me? You can find my contact info from my profile. Also, is there any SAP document for your method?

...Naddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

2.1.1.4 ur - all the css files (would be good if you can get the files from the server.) - Would you please more specific on this ur folder files?

How did you modified your theme?

...Naddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naddy,

Did you manage to upload the portal theme?

Thanks

Regards,

Bryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, issue still exisit.

...Naddy