Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Inspection point in inspection lot

shantilal_babel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have created material with inspection type 01.I have created inspection plan for the material with inspection point XXX

Now after GR inspection lot is created & task list is assigned to it with inspection point XXX

At the time of result recording I found this inspection point (XXX) is wrong

So I have changed my inspection plan & in that changed inspection Point (ZZZ)

Now I am going to Result Recording then also system is showing Inspection point (XXX) instead of (ZZZ) as this inspection lot previously created

Will u please tell me step wise how I should change the inspection point in Inspection lot

With Regards

Babel S.G.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Shantilal,

once you have created an inspection point you cannot change the data -> This would lead to an inconsistency simular to the following case.

This can lead to dumps if you change the data of an existant inspection point in customizing. SAP recommends creating a new inspection point definition.

The reason is the fact that key fields can be maintained via customizing, a change of these key fields means that the system will try to sort inspection points with the old key fields using the newly defined key fields.

Example: Customizing -> Define Identifier for Inspection Points

(1) indicates the position in the key

Inspection point definition for Z01

Key 1 (Original Key)

(1) Text length 18, (2) Text length 10, (3) Number length 10, (4) Number length 3

Is changed to Key 2

(1) Date, (2) Time, (3) Number length 10, (4) Number length 3

As you can imagine if the plan tries to select previously created inspection points this will lead to a dump, because the key has been changed.

In this case you need to create a new inspection point definition Z02 with the new key and create a plan which also uses the new inspection point type.

Appartently you have done so, but the plan assigned to the inspection lot uses the previous inspection point definition, if you were to change the inspection points this would also lead to a dump.

I hope that this answer helps you to understand why the requested function is not possible.

Regards,

Isabelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shantilal,

u can create 1 more new group counter with corrected inspection point and then in inspection lot - reset the sample calculation and assign the new group counter again after resetting the sample calculation.

this will work.

try this and revert.

Regards,

Anil

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once an inspection point is generated and saved, I don't beleive you can go back and change the values of the identification.

Craig