Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error determining address for employee when replicating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in SRM 5.0, classic scenario.

We are using HR replication .

I replicate the Org structure and the user from an HR system via ALE.

Apparently all works fine (in PPOMA_BBP I see the Position, the CP, the BP, and the user links US) (similar to a user previously manually created)

However I can not shop with it as I receive messages

-No data found for contact person HR08007850 Contact system administrator

-No addres found for Partner function type Good Recipient

-No addres found for Partner function type Requester

In Users Gen if I make a Check User and Employee data, selecting by BP (Employee role) for the Business Partner BP of the Central Person of the user I receive error messages

Error determining address for employee .........

The BP for all objects(Contact person,employee etc) have all the relevant address data .

Entries can be seen in tables BUT020,BUT050 for the addresses.

Also we had not created the SU01 users before replicating the Org structure but created thenm after the replication .Then for integrating the users into the Org structure,we jsut assigned the users to the CP's in PPOMA_BBP itself(as USERS_GEN is deactivated for HR-ALE replication).After this,we were able to see the CP-US relationship but when we do the consistency check,we get the above mentioned errors i.e.

Error determining address for employee......

Employee relationship between BP.... and BP(org) missing

Has anyone faced a similar situation??Any inputs will be appreciated.

regards,

Edited by: Antoinette Stork on Jul 1, 2008 11:23 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also this error is mainly because of the missing addresses for the Organizational units on R/3 side.

Check whether the addresses for the org units are maintained on the R/3 side i.e infotype 1028.

If not,you need to maintain those on the R/3 side.Even if you try to maintain an address for the org units on SRM side in PPOMA_BBP,you will not be able to correct this error.

See these related notes:(these are for older vesrions but will give you an idea abt the error)

Note 502564 - Correcting incorrect users

Note 419423 - Repairing incorrect EBP users

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Disha and Andreas,

Thanks for your reply. I am unable to test now but I will let you know and ward points. I think note 502564 might do the trick.

Thanks so much,

Antoinette

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Disha,

Do you by any chance know which report we can use in SRM 5.0 for CRM_COM_ORGMAN_BUPA_INTEGRATE. Or in other words which report we can use for creating the business partner of the orgs wihch do not have a business partner.

Thanks in advance

Antoinette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say that BP's for the org units which have been replicated from R/3 have not been created??

After successful replication of the org strcuture,the report HRALXSYNC(tcode BBP_BP_OM_INTEGRATE) needs to be run to check the consistency for all the objects(that have been replicated) in SRM.

But the error you are getting is because of the missing addresses for the org units on the R/3 side.Suggest you to Maintain those and start the replication again.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha they don't maintain addresses in the R3 system they say the have nevenr done that. Is it maybe a switch iin tabel T77S0?

Thanks as ever..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it not t he address of the employee rather then the org. unit ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read my earlier replies properly.The error you are getting is mainly because of the addresses of the ORG UNITS and not employees not being maintained on the R/3 side.

The addresses of the org units are stored in infotype1028 on R/3 side.So you need to maintain this one on the R/3 side before starting the replication.Take the help of someone from the HR team for maintainence of this address data.

Regarding the switches in SRM,there is one in table T77S0 i.e. HRALX OADRE Address Necessary for Business Partner?.However this is used for generation of BP for the org units which i suppose is happening for you..See the foll note for more deatils .

Note 550055 - EBP/CRM: New integration for business partner

For this paarmeter,the note says;

Addresses: If addresses are required to generate correct business

partners of the organizational unit role (in SRM, for example), the

HRALX/OADRE switch is set to X (formerly: the BUPA/ADDR switch). If

it is mandatory for each business partner of the organizational

unit role to have an address, but the relevant organizational units

do not always have a separate address, you can define a standard

address. Create a separate business partner for storing the

standard address. The number of this business partner, which is

used as a container, is stored in the HRALX/OADBP switch (formerly

BUPA/ADRBP).

However the address error which you are getting is because the employee for the Org unit which gets created doesnt get the address because of the missing address of the org structure.So the BP of the employee (for org unit) is inconsistent.

So i dont think changing the value of this switch would help you resolve the EMPLOYEE ADDRESS error.Again i suggest better to maintain the addresses of the org units in R/3 in infotype 1028 and then replicate the whole org structure again.Then you should not get the address error.

BR,

Disha.

Do reward full points for useful answers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

I ran transaction pfal in the r3 system in initial mode and now all the attributes are deleted in the org structre in PPOMA_BBP. Do you know what to do ? Initial is supposed to replace not delete attributes isn't it ?

Thanks as ever for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PFAL doesnt update the attributes in SRM but only the organisational objects which are replicated!

Also initial mode only overwrites the values in the Organization structure.But I dont understand how the attributes are overwritten by running PFAL.Are you still getting the Address error for the org units??

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

Yes I still get the error on the address of the users. I have repaired the org units (for which ones de BP was not created) and wanted to run pfal after that. I ran it for all org. untis using evaluation path SBESX could that be the problem ? And how do I get the attributes back ? HELP!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoinette,

We were having the same issue and found that the relationship to the Org was missing.

Does your employee (business partner) have an entry in BUT050?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you manage to get the solution?

I'm facing the same issue.

Hope you can share the solution.

Thanks.

Regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoinette,

I am not an expert in this area, but maybe the following notes which I found during a quick search are helpful: 836353, 1033612, 1089019, 1024258.

Please make also sure, that the address data is valid, e.g. e-mail adresses should be something like "name @ domain.com" (without the spaces) not just "@" or something...

Regards,

Andreas