Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP over nat network

former_member621766
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

i am really new to xi and i have a problem with the ftp file adapter. I have a ftp server placed in a dmz which xi cannot reach. Therefore i configured a source and destination nat on a server which xi can contact. In the log file of the ftp server i can see that xi is logged in to the ftp server but no data transfer is working. In the runtime workbench i see a ftp timeout when transferring the file. From another server in the same net where xi is located i have a shell login and this host can transfer files to the ftp server without any problems. (over the nat ip address with same user credentials). I choose passive mode in the ftp adapter.

What else can i do to get this thing working?

Thanks for help

Klaus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member621766
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Okay, i asked the administrator of the xi to start a ftp transfer on the linux os with a ftp client. It works with the same user credentials.

Perhaps i have to configure some special things in the ftp adapter settings ??

The ftp timeout is set to 60 sec.

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Meyer on Jul 1, 2008 11:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

regarding the FTP time out error

Setting the parameter Timeout (Sec) enables the connection between the client and the FTP server to be terminated after the specified duration.

check the note

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try logging to the same server with the same credentials as XI from remote machine and check if you face any problem getting these files ftp.

Regards.