cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Proxy- SAP PI 7.0, sp 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have generated proxy for an outbound interface in SPROXY transaction. Now I need to write custom code in execute-asynchronous method to push the data to PI server.

The issue I am facing in locating the proper method is due to the fact that SAP PI 7.0, SP-14 for ABAP proxies has introduced a lot of changes and I do not see execute-asynchronous method anymore. I guess it is taken over by ESR name.

I referred few notes and sap help but without much of help.

I am stuck at this point. If anyone worked on ABAP proxies for SP level 14 of SAP PI 7.0 and has the info on this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Meeta.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you tell y u have to write code inside a outbound proxy i.e. a client proxy instead call the proxy from ur custom program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Thanks for your response.

Actually I am trying to find the method execute_asynchronous, so that we can call it in custom program by feeding the data to be sent into it.

The problem is there is no such method in the generated class.

Regards,

Meeta~

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The same problem i faced previously.

You don't find any Executesynchonous or Executeasynchonous type of methods in this version.

The method name is the interface name only.

If your interface name is sender_si, then that itself is the method name.

See the external view and internal view in the generated proxy,Then you can understand clearly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata-

Thanks alot for your response .

I would request you for one more small help ..can you share your personal mail id and contact number ?

also can you share any sample code for this scenario?

I have already awarded points for your very useful answer.

waiting for your response

Regards

Meeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just i did simple scenario to send the information from ABAP proxy to File .

Below is the sample scenario.

I think this will be useful for you.

REPORT Z_CLIENT_DATA.

DATA prxy TYPE REF TO ZCO_SENDER_SI.

DATA fault TYPE REF TO cx_ai_system_fault.

DATA it_request TYPE ZSENDER_MT.

it_request-SENDER_MT-FIRST_NAME = 'Ramana'.

it_request-SENDER_MT-LAST_NAME = 'Deepika'.

TRY.

CREATE OBJECT prxy.

CALL METHOD prxy->SENDER_SI

EXPORTING output = it_request.

commit work.

CATCH cx_ai_system_fault into fault.

WRITE:/ fault->errortext.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you suggested, I executed the SLDCHECK, I got error because SAPSLDAPI and LCRSAPRFC was not there. I got these RFC destinations created by Basis. But this dint solve my problem, now when I run the proxy I am getting different error. and error description is:

Connectivity test - System not configured as XI Integration Engine.

I have awarded you for previous useful answer. Do you have any clue for the latest problem I am facing? Useful answer will be awarded again !

Regards

Meeta~

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

am working on XI and Abap connectivity secanrio data is moving from ECC but at the same time am getting on error

error description is: ECC System not configured as XI Integration Engine)

If any body have any idea please let us know.

point will be awarded for sure.

Regards

Meeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While dealing with the proxies we have to activate ABAP Proxies in the Application System( ECC system)

Follow this Blog

Regards

Seshagiri

former_member537867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can go through these chek steps

1)go to SLD-->Business systems...and check the role of business system Web AS ABAP (tht was created during installation)...check if the role is integration server

2) go to sxi_cache and in the menu tool bar goto "GoTo" and click AE cache and see if the link is fine? whether the link in sxi_cache for AE cache is showing green traffic signal and also perform a delta refresh.

3)Check whether your business system is tied to the integration server in SLD.

4)In the transaction sxmb_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration can you check whether that role has been defined as Integration Server.

Go to SXMB_ADM->Configuration->Integration Engine COnfiguration->Choose your R/3 system as Application System

Refer this Configuration Guide - Page no 27

https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001697502004E.PDF

hope these checks will solve your problem

Regards,

Vinod.